remington 7mm mag scope

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ahh, I did not see post #12 - thank you 0352marine.

Now we just need to know the most important thing of all - the budget, and we can recommend. I just re-read the thread again, and I don't see where you mentioned your budget for this. Also, new only, or is used ok? Are we talking best under $300, best under $400, best under $500, $600, $700, $800, $1,000, $1,500, what?

Thorgrim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's possible that your scope may be working fine; but has a limited elevation adjustment. You say you have a rail...is it tapered for 20 to 30 MOA possibly? Some crappy scopes are very limited in their movement and maybe you can't come down enough with your scope. I'd pull it off and try it on another rifle, unless you know your base is not tapered.

0352Marine

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's possible that your scope may be working fine; but has a limited elevation adjustment. You say you have a rail...is it tapered for 20 to 30 MOA possibly? Some crappy scopes are very limited in their movement and maybe you can't come down enough with your scope. I'd pull it off and try it on another rifle, unless you know your base is not tapered.

Ok good idea I'll try it next weekend on a different rifle. not sure on the 20 moa or 30 moa I'll have to check

0352Marine

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ahh, I did not see post #12 - thank you 0352marine.

Now we just need to know the most important thing of all - the budget, and we can recommend. I just re-read the thread again, and I don't see where you mentioned your budget for this. Also, new only, or is used ok? Are we talking best under $300, best under $400, best under $500, $600, $700, $800, $1,000, $1,500, what?

I'm thinking around $500. The posting times are messed up so you may have asked your question about what I was using the rifle for before I posted 12 cause I just posted something and it put it before your last post ( hope that made sense) anyways sorry for the confusion I would probably use it mostly for hunting and maybe some long range competition. I posted this at 5:46 pm 3-8-10. I'm quoting you before you are saying it lol that's jacked up. you probably did not see the post cause it probably was not there Sorry Dr. Tad Hussein Winslow

0352Marine

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Ok Update!!! This picatinny rail is a one piece. The scope clamps were on upside down. One side of the clamp is fatter than the other and it was not sitting properly one the rail. After fixing it I took my laser sight and it lined up perfectly with plenty of adjustment either way. Thank God. I'm still interested in buying a better scope probably a millet. leupold kinda pissed me off :woohoo1: can't wait to take it to the range.

Latest posts

Top Bottom