Remington Arms allowed to be sued by Sandy Hook victims

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I am stranding ready to file a Class Action Lawsuit on behalf of any American Citizen that suffered the loss of anyone due to any manufactured product, cars, typewriters (used as a head smasher), tools, motorcycles, planes, helos, processed food, sex toys, clothing, any so on and so on....... <Sarcasm>

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This already has happen, an Iditarod musher (Mitch Seavy (sp)) sue Oregon knife company and Sportsman's Warehouse for cutting himself with a knife that he careless used. I can't remember whatever became of the law sue. You can fix STUPID so, someone needs to pay for.

Well, if the Oregon knife company was Benchmade, maybe they deserved it.

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
https://www.ktvz.com/news/national-...victims-families-can-sue-remington/1059525596

The decision says that the families may pursue one of their specific claims in the case: that Remington, the manufacturer of Bushmaster's version of the AR-15 rifle used during the 2012 Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre, knowingly marketed the gun for use by people to "carry out offensive, military style combat missions against their perceived enemies."

Maybe now we'll see more AR15 hunting ads from gun manufacturers.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken, this is the ad in question:

Bushmaster.jpg

I don't know whether they have direct evidence that Adam Lanza saw this ad or that it in any way influenced his mother to purchase a Bushmaster, so I don't know whether their gambit has legal footing or not. If it does, and is ultimately successful, it will forever change the landscape of advertising for all types of products.

Latest posts

Top Bottom