SCOTUS Has One More Blockbuster Decision to Make

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I thought maybe they were going to rule that women had to walk three steps behind their men from now on.... Again, one can only hope.
They used to do that in the middle east, but now I understand the the men walk ten steps behind the women. Left over land mines, from the war.... :rollingla

TinkerTanker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I thought maybe they were going to rule that women had to walk three steps behind their men from now on.... Again, one can only hope.
I was going to say they should walk in front, but someone beat me to it.
"I hate to see you leavin', but I love to watch you go!"
XD

...and they need to overturn the McGirt v. Oklahoma decision.
Absolutely! This was one of the worst decisions in history.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wonder if this could affect the Oklahoma Turnpike Authority (OTA). No one has elected them and they take land whenever they want, even buy too much and then auction that off. Eminent domain plays a part in that, but still the OTA is unelected.
I doubt it. This is a federal case, so it should only affect federal agencies. How the states run their internal affairs, except for where they conflict/interact with federal jurisdictions, is left to the states.

If you want to break the OTA, you’ll have to do it in OKC.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Congress can make the law. then the epa must follow… they choose not too. The epa is under the executive branch, an elected official.

OTA is under an elected official… the governor.

“The Authority consists of the Governor (ex-officio) and six members serving without pay for eight-year terms from districts established in the State Statute. The Governor may remove any member of the Authority, at any time, with or without cause. The members are appointed to represent defined geographical districts. Authority members have full control over all turnpike operations; however, the OTA must operate in strict compliance with trust agreements that define operating procedures to be followed. The Authority employs an Executive Director to manage the day-to-day operations. The Executive Director is appointed by the Authority’s Board.”

Latest posts

Top Bottom