Remington Sendero Questions!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BIGJAKE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been looking at a long range medium game rifle and the Remington Sendero in 7 mag or .300 mag looks to be the best bet for me on the market.

Does antone here have one?

What is the accuracy like at 300 and 400 yards?

What ammo are you running in it?

Would you recomend it or is there a better choice on the market that I am not aware of?

repete34

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been looking at a long range medium game rifle and the Remington Sendero in 7 mag or .300 mag looks to be the best bet for me on the market.

Does antone here have one? Yes

What is the accuracy like at 300 and 400 yards? Extreamly well

What ammo are you running in it? Federal Gold Medal Match 168gr BTHP

Would you recomend it or is there a better choice on the market that I am not aware of?
I am happy with it and depending on your budget, you can find better on the market, but it will cost you.

adluginb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have one in .223 and just picked one up in 25-06. had a .300 weatherby in the past. All very accurate and good buys for the money! The Remington 5R is probably a little more accurate in the .308, 300 win calibers but they are hard to find. If you want to have it built just look around and find a used remington action, either short or long depending on caliber wanted. Get a nice barrel mated to it and find a nice used stock and you can come in cheaper than a new sendero and have a more accurate rifle.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I shot one in .338RUM. :drooling:

At least I think it was a Sendero, I know it was a factory unmolested Remington. I put 3 rounds in about 1" at 200 yards off a sandbag. That's about all you want to do with that little number off a bench.

BIGJAKE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have one in .223 and just picked one up in 25-06. had a .300 weatherby in the past. All very accurate and good buys for the money! The Remington 5R is probably a little more accurate in the .308, 300 win calibers but they are hard to find. If you want to have it built just look around and find a used remington action, either short or long depending on caliber wanted. Get a nice barrel mated to it and find a nice used stock and you can come in cheaper than a new sendero and have a more accurate rifle.

I had a friend turn me onto the 5R last night and I thought about it and I can find one for under $1000 and I have found the Sendero for $869. So I am now wondering which one would be the better buy. Is the 5R barrel that much more accurate for an extra $120? Both of the rifles mentioned above have the same H.S. Precision stock and the only difference that I have found is the barrel and the unit with the 5R barrel hold 5 rounds and the sendero holds 3 rounds.

tjones96761

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I shot one in .338RUM. :drooling:

At least I think it was a Sendero, I know it was a factory unmolested Remington. I put 3 rounds in about 1" at 200 yards off a sandbag. That's about all you want to do with that little number off a bench.

I've got a 338RUM and haven't shot it yet, no brake installed. Did the one you shot have a brake? Does it hurt as bad as it looks like it would?

MBB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Does antone here have one?

What is the accuracy like at 300 and 400 yards?

What ammo are you running in it?

I had one in 7mm and sold it to a friend. He still reloads for it. It was kind of boring shooting 12oz water bottles at 300 yards off the hood of a pickup over and over again. It was outfitted with a Bushnell Elite 4200 4x16x50mm. It was heavy but it sure could shoot. That was the most accurate rifle I've owned and probably the most accurate I will ever own. It was stupid accurate. Really.

Latest posts

Top Bottom