Renew or Join the NRA Now!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have no doubt that this is political.

Yes, Wayne should have resigned a long time ago.
Yes, The NRA board should have been pared way the hell back a long time ago.
Yes, their financial dealings don't give the impression of anything other than taking care of the executives.
Yes, the corporate structure is designed for max monetary benefit and is complicated.

But with their legal staff and the prowess they have I'm certain that it all is 100% LEGAL. They aren't doing anything different than any number of big banks and media corporations in NY. Not a damn thing. This is 10000000000% political.

There are also legal and financial divisions that need to be looked at. What is the state of the firewalls between the NRA-ILA, the NRA Political Victory Fund and NRA corporate?

Discussions worthy of having, but horrible time to have it. Unless we just want to burn it all down and hope to rise out of the ashes in charge and stronger. There are no guarantees there.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
But with their legal staff and the prowess they have I'm certain that it all is 100% LEGAL. They aren't doing anything different than any number of big banks and media corporations in NY.

I agree it's 100% political, but banks and media aren't a tax-exempt 501(c)(4) so they're under a different mode of scrutiny than a for-profit corporation.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There are also legal and financial divisions that need to be looked at. What is the state of the firewalls between the NRA-ILA, the NRA Political Victory Fund and NRA corporate?

Discussions worthy of having, but horrible time to have it. Unless we just want to burn it all down and hope to rise out of the ashes in charge and stronger. There are no guarantees there.

These issues have been discussed for a long time, on many gun forums. The NRA hasn't addressed any of it that I'm aware of. Complete arrogance, and shows how confident they are that members will continue to support them, 'cause they have no other choice.

Kinda reminds me of another political entity that keeps getting propped up, in spite of not living up to it's stated ideals.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Point is, you do not kill off even a partial ally until you have a replacement that is at least as strong. GOA might be a better group but until they are strong enough to make a difference they are an "also ran". By all means join them, build them up, then when the left is as worried about them as they are the NRA you can let the NRA die.

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Point is, you do not kill off even a partial ally until you have a replacement that is at least as strong. GOA might be a better group but until they are strong enough to make a difference they are an "also ran". By all means join them, build them up, then when the left is as worried about them as they are the NRA you can let the NRA die.

Agreed..
Politicians don't fear the GOA, they do the NRA

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Normally I would suggest that the time to "unseat" the NRA would NOT be when the left is surging and has the best chance they've had in years to retake the White House and Congress.

Nothing is normal anymore though. Trump is the best President ever. The NRA sucks. Conservatives are libs. Rock on. LOL.

The best time to attack is when your enemy is weak. I get that's why it's happening altogether, but we might as well salvage the phoenix from the ashes.

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The reality of cancel culture.
1. The Right wants to destroy the Left.
2. If you disagree with anything they say you are a Bigot and attempts can and will be made to cancel you, your job, your marriage and so on and so on.
3. Lots of keyboard warriors on the Right talk the talk, yet there has been very little action (Nationally) physically to resist the "Movement"
4. These kids know most Conservatives are older, in decent jobs and have families. They know that many on the Right do not have the time or the energy to counter protest their "Peaceful Rallies". Hence the repetition night after night.
PLEASE ADD YOURS.......

jstaylor62

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The fight for gun rights in our country is being waged in NY not DC!

The anti-gun groups have realized they can not fight the 2nd amendment in DC without a constitutional amendment. But they can fight the 2nd amendment by destroying everything that is needed to support the firearm business.

They go after banks that are HQ in NY if they support anything firearm or ammo related.
They go after insurance companies that provide coverage to shooting events, ranges, ammo & firearm manufacturers.

Without banking and insurance, it will be impossible to buy firearms, ammo, reloading supplies or have a gun range.

So continue to ***** about bump-stocks and say you are not impacted because you can shoot off your back porch and you have plenty of ammo.

Latest posts

Top Bottom