Renew or Join the NRA Now!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There are also legal and financial divisions that need to be looked at. What is the state of the firewalls between the NRA-ILA, the NRA Political Victory Fund and NRA corporate?

Discussions worthy of having, but horrible time to have it. Unless we just want to burn it all down and hope to rise out of the ashes in charge and stronger. There are no guarantees there.

I agree it's 100% political, but banks and media aren't a tax-exempt 501(c)(4) so they're under a different mode of scrutiny than a for-profit corporation.

You guys realize that we are talking about the NRA and New York right? I'm sure they are audited with an electron beam microscope every year for at least the past 35 years and probably more. For crying out loud, they audited Rush Limbaugh for 12 years after he moved out of the state and was no longer even a resident! If there was anything not kosher, it would have already been prosecuted.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There are too many similar groups waiting in line to fill any voids that the loss of the NRA might create. None of those groups waiting line have soiled themselves like the NRA. I'm not the least bit worried.

Woody
The NRA has squashed a lot of smaller 2A groups as well. I was a member of one such group a few years back. Armed Citizens United , THe NRA took them to court and that was damned near the last was heard of them

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The NRA has squashed a lot of smaller 2A groups as well. I was a member of one such group a few years back. Armed Citizens United , THe NRA took them to court and that was damned near the last was heard of them

Like when the NRA worked with democrats to publically expose and list members on the roles of other competitor 2A organizations backing the DISCLOSE Act?

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
GOA doesn't compromise on ANYTHING. If they had the $$$ that most of you so carelessly give the the NRA, The left would be FAR more afraid of the GOA than they were of the NRA

You are absolutely 100% correct. Support both and here's why

GOA because I believe in them
NRA because elected officials fear them

Maybe GOA can take over the ashes of the NRA and rebrand just like Springfield Armory did.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I pay my dues to keep my member ship to the NRA but zero extra. When I get emails asking for more I respond to the email why I give no extra. Have accountability to the members. It is financed by us and they should post exactly where the money goes and make it public.
I do not want the NRA to go away. They donated a lot of money to the Oklahoma WMA's to upgrade the shooting ranges and they do other training for youngsters and such. So while I am not happy with the way things have been ran they do still provide some good things.
I am a member of OK2A and GOA and any extra money goes too these to orgs.

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe GOA can take over the ashes of the NRA and rebrand just like Springfield Armory did.
1jhapg.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom