Rep. James Lankford's Town Hall meeting 2A letdown.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lankford must send the exact same letter to everyone. That letter is the same one that I got sent. And he still won't answer the question that he keeps dodging, Do you believe the 2nd amendment is to protect against tyranny in government? That is what makes me believe he will not be a help to us. We cannot sit back and hope that these crooked politicians will save us. Have they ever?

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lankford seems somewhat levelheaded. He seems to be one of those that wants to do what needs to be done and just needs to be constantly reminded that those in his district are watching and paying attention, lest he'll fall in line with the influential RINOs up there. You guys in his district keep bending his ear. As for me I'm stuck with Cole. Blech...

flybeech

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
anyone attend ocpac wed? did Charlie give Lankford a good grilling about 2nd. amendment

I was there and Lankford said he stood for the Second Amendment rights of hunters, sportsmen and people who want to defend themselves. When the real reason of the 2A was mentioned to be as a safeguard against tyranny, he ducked that completely, just as he did at his town hall meeting at the library. Charlie did exactly that. He kept the discussion alive and Lankford was very squishy.

abajaj11

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was there and Lankford said he stood for the Second Amendment rights of hunters, sportsmen and people who want to defend themselves. When the real reason of the 2A was mentioned to be as a safeguard against tyranny, he ducked that completely, just as he did at his town hall meeting at the library. Charlie did exactly that. He kept the discussion alive and Lankford was very squishy.

Based on your first hand report, it seems like he does not believe 2A is to protect the security of the State against tyrannical powers inside or outside , but instead just to protect individuals rights to hunt, sport shoot and protect against individual crimes. Odd, since it says "security of a free state" in 2A!
Looks like Lankford MAY be FOR the mandatory background check then, which is a very bad idea and a path to registration of all firearms.
Need to hold his feet to the fire and call call call...all of you who are his constituents.
I called my congressman, Jim Bridenstine today...what a pleasure speaking to a staffer who was actually on the same page as all of us. She said JIm is very much against any kind of BG check and that "gun laws have worked very well. They have prevented legal owners from getting guns. The illegal ones get them anyway"
:)

53convert

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Call Mona in his office.......I have talked with her over this very issue and she is keeping a log of people who call about this mess. Trust me on this one.
Regarding making firearms illegal..................gee that really worked for us on Herion, Crack, cocaine and meth didnt it..

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Update on Lankfords position.

http://www.news9.com/story/20576719/oklahoma-gun-enthusiasts-wary-of-potential-legislation

OKLAHOMA CITY -

Gun proponents were on edge ahead of expected recommendations from Vice President Joe Biden's Gun Violence Task Force. Some of the expected recommendations include universal background checks and restrictions on high capacity magazines and assault weapons.

Already, leading gun rights groups like the National Rifle Association (NRA) spoke out against possible bans on guns. Oklahoma Congressman James Lankford reacted to the possibility of a ban on assault weapons Sunday.

"I don't think that has a chance of passing this congress and again it goes back to the same issue. The Columbine shooting happened right in the middle of the assault weapon ban. That doesn't solve the problem," he said.

Gun shops around the state said business had been booming recently because many Oklahomans felt uneasy as they wait to hear about possible restrictions. Lankford and others say the problem is that many people do not actually understand what an assault weapon is.

"Assault rifles are just semi-automatic rifles that fire once every time every time you pull the trigger. It's not a fully automatic weapon," explained Duane Campbell with Heartland Outdoors in Edmond. "It's not just a spray-type operation you see in movies."

He showed off a traditional rifle and explained it could do just as much damage if it were in the hands of the wrong person.

"This is a semi-automatic basically also, in that every time you pull the trigger, you cock it. And another round goes in the chamber."

Lankford thinks the debate needs to focus on people and what makes [mass murderers] snap. Sunday, he said Republicans and Democrats were working on a solution at the Federal level, but added people should be taking up the debate at the state and local level to try and figure out why events like the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting in Newtown, Conn. happen.

"Maybe we should talk about violence in movies, maybe we should talk about violent video games and their access, maybe we should talk about mental health issues."

While lawmakers work to find that solution, Sen. Chuck Schumer, (D)-NY, called on major retailers to stop selling assault weapons. Dick's Sporting Goods has agreed to do so.

Swapwap

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can totally see wimpy rino's pushing the envelope and caving on background checks and 30 round mags. So I believe we are far from out of the woods. As for media, I rarely watch news on t.v. But today at a hotel while eating breakfast I was astonished at the seemly endless coverage on CNN on gun law. This is ridiculous. Not the mention the front page crap in USA oday followed by a state analysts on who is and isn't proposing more gun laws. It's no wonder we are in this mess in our country, the propaganda machine is working around the clock to socialize this land. They won't get our guns this time but mark my words, they will be back soon enough with another catastrophe trying to get our guns again. I personally have gained a few. Ore other nation guns rights organizations to help fund the lobbying effort against this. Is there any in OK to join as will?

Latest posts

Top Bottom