Replacing Some Windows - Recomendations?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Window World replaced my windows 7 years ago. We went with one of there higher end vinyl windows and they were 1/3 the price of Champion. I'm sure Champion has a great product but someone is paying for all that advertising they are doing. As a business owner I know how what your profit margin has to be to run tv and phonebook adds like they do. I think my windows from window world are great. They made a huge improvement in my utility bills and are still working well 7 years later. Have never had to have them back out for anything. There may be better windows out there but I just can't imagine ever recouping the extra 7grand that champion was going to charge. My opinion is if someone want to break into my house they are going to find a way in. I don't know if mine can be bowed and opened and I'm not going to try. I am not a window junkie but I know mine have worked great and they were very reasonable.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Window World replaced my windows 7 years ago. We went with one of there higher end vinyl windows and they were 1/3 the price of Champion. I'm sure Champion has a great product but someone is paying for all that advertising they are doing. As a business owner I know how what your profit margin has to be to run tv and phonebook adds like they do. I think my windows from window world are great. They made a huge improvement in my utility bills and are still working well 7 years later. Have never had to have them back out for anything. There may be better windows out there but I just can't imagine ever recouping the extra 7grand that champion was going to charge. My opinion is if someone want to break into my house they are going to find a way in. I don't know if mine can be bowed and opened and I'm not going to try. I am not a window junkie but I know mine have worked great and they were very reasonable.

Interesting, never heard of Window World. How many windows did you replace and what was the bill if you don't mind?

aking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had 9 windows replaced for $3300. None of them were huge. Most were around 36 in wide by 72 in tall. A friend of mine just had them replace some for him. He was able to get the tax credit on energy star windows and he paid 3600 for i think 8 windows. I have referred them to several friends and all of them have been very happy with the windows and the installation. Two guys installed mine in about 6 hours.

Rustytweezers

Wall building Ammunition hoarding Gun packing Okie
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
we had 9 double pane windows with thermal barrier around them in almond alum, three with custom measurements and all were Argon filled installed for under $4000 thermal windows inc. local in tulsa

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Aking told me about Window World and I had them come out to show me the product and give me a quote. We're going to have them replace our windows too. Seems to be a pretty good window for a pretty reasonable price. Like he said - I'm sure there are companies making a better product out there but some are charging double for them too. And in my relatively uneducated opinion I prefer what they sell over the custom order ones from Lowe's and HD because they're a tighter fit - seems like that would keep the elements out and the Ac in better.

Rustytweezers

Wall building Ammunition hoarding Gun packing Okie
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
you got that right, hey its all about what makes you and your wife happy! gotta keepem happy! lol

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Thermal charged me 6 grand for 13 windows. Some of my windows are large though. Then I tld then to go ahead a replace the back French style doo with a sliding glass to match the windows and that ran me another grand.

jmtgsx

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just had Champion replace 6 windows, three sides of an extended breakfast nook. We went with casement windows and couldn't be happier. Did quite a bit of shopping around and it was down to Windows by Jeff out of Jenks, and Champion. Champion won out on the actual product. They also have a fully transferable lifetime warantee. Installers were fast and professional and the product itself is simply the best we could find.

R. Johnson

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The only person to get windows from is Dan Johnson at Tri-City Glass. 405 512 1421. He's been doing glass, doors, and windows for thirty years. You're not going to get a better deal or find better workmanship anywhere else in the state.

Latest posts

Top Bottom