Republican Governor Debate

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
SSDD - not really a dime's worth of difference, a couple of weasels fighting over a bit of carrion. Time has proven that to get what freedom-lovers want, concentrate on the legislature. Maybe get some who know how to count votes and days on the legislative calendar. Even then, you can be flim-flammed by the leadership and lose your advantage to political philandering designed to govern based on appearances rather than actual accomplishments.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Cornett is just another lying politician looking to further his career. He is NOT getting my vote. I am voting for Stitt. I thought about it and I came to the same conclusion about stitt as I did about Trump when he ran for president. Why would someone who is a successful businessman that is filthy rich and has kids (young ones at that) want to run for anything unless they really wanted to change things. What would Stitt have to gain by being governor? I know some will say “to fix things where he’ll make more money”. The same was said about Trump and I think it’s bull. I know if I was in Stitts shoes I wouldnt run unless it was to fix the state. Any other reason I wouldn’t do it. I would be enjoying life with my family. Should he win I hope he is a man of his word.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cornett is just another lying politician looking to further his career. He is NOT getting my vote. I am voting for Stitt. I thought about it and I came to the same conclusion about stitt as I did about Trump when he ran for president. Why would someone who is a successful businessman that is filthy rich and has kids (young ones at that) want to run for anything unless they really wanted to change things. What would Stitt have to gain by being governor? I know some will say “to fix things where he’ll make more money”. The same was said about Trump and I think it’s bull. I know if I was in Stitts shoes I wouldnt run unless it was to fix the state. Any other reason I wouldn’t do it. I would be enjoying life with my family. Should he win I hope he is a man of his word.
I'm not saying it's Stitt's reason, but one reason I can see for such people to run is ego. People with that kind of success tend to be of a personality type that seeks power and glory, and political office has a power no business can provide.

Just something to consider. And I think it's true of career politicians, so it's not a reason to vote for the careerist over the outsider...just something to consider.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not saying it's Stitt's reason, but one reason I can see for such people to run is ego. People with that kind of success tend to be of a personality type that seeks power and glory, and political office has a power no business can provide.

Just something to consider. And I think it's true of career politicians, so it's not a reason to vote for the careerist over the outsider...just something to consider.
I see your point and it is valid. However there are probably about 10 very successful multi-millionaires for every Gates, Soros, Trump, Lebron, etc. out there that keep their mouth shut and we don't even know they exist. If I were in this category you can bet your ass I'd never be seen or heard from in a public context.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I see your point and it is valid. However there are probably about 1000 very successful multi-millionaires for every Gates, Soros, Trump, Lebron, etc. out there that keep their mouth shut and we don't even know they exist. If I were in this category you can bet your ass I'd never be seen or heard from in a public context.
Fixed it for you!

Latest posts

Top Bottom