Research undermines medical marijuana claims

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Obama liked to smoke weed so it can't be all bad...can it? Of course Hitler liked dogs so maybe he wasn't so bad either...

It's a lie... huh? Can't be all lies because people have died. Marijuana is not as harmful as once thought? It only damages the lungs, slows down cerebral (that's brain) growth in teenagers. A lot of other harmful effects also but that doesn't matter to a dedicated pot smoker.

Marijuana doesn't have to be smoked, it can be eaten and have the same effect, just takes longer. There is also THC extract that can be vaped and will negate any negative effects to the lungs (same as vaping has done for smoking). The slow down of cerebral growth is not due to the THC, its because carbon monoxide in the smoke decreases the amount of oxygen in the body which slows down all cell growth. Its the same damn argument us vapers have been having with the anti-nicotine crowd. 99.9% of the problem with traditional nicotine usage is the method of delivery, not the nicotine itself.

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I feel the same way talking to anti-pot proponents as I do talking to anti-gun liberals. They both have strong conviction for their position with pretty much no reason what so ever. They ignore the facts, statistics, upside, etc...

Fact...any Jr High school age kid in Oklahoma can go buy weed TODAY from one of his classmates with its current illegal status. It would be MORE DIFFICULT for that same student to go buy beer/liquor (legal drug available everywhere) than it is to buy marijuana (illegal/the devil) from Carlos, the 12 year old whos uncle has connections to the cartel and approximately 30 pounds of weed hidden under his bed presently.

But much like those who are pro gun restriction that want to ban full-semi-auto-high-capacity-children slaying-death machines...all facts will be ignored because it just doesn't "feel right" to them.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I feel the same way talking to anti-pot proponents as I do talking to anti-gun liberals. They both have strong conviction for their position with pretty much no reason what so ever. They ignore the facts, statistics, upside, etc...

Fact...any Jr High school age kid in Oklahoma can go buy weed TODAY from one of his classmates with its current illegal status. It would be MORE DIFFICULT for that same student to go buy beer/liquor (legal drug available everywhere) than it is to buy marijuana (illegal/the devil) from Carlos, the 12 year old whos uncle has connections to the cartel and approximately 30 pounds of weed hidden under his bed presently.

But much like those who are pro gun restriction that want to ban full-semi-auto-high-capacity-children slaying-death machines...all facts will be ignored because it just doesn't "feel right" to them.
Indeed, pot is way more accessible in schools today than 25 years ago. How are them laws working out?

BrandonM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Indeed, pot is way more accessible in schools today than 25 years ago. How are them laws working out?

It’s not illegal enough!!!!!!

First time offenders should get the electric chair. After that, ramp up the punishment. You can’t have the people making all their own decisions. You need a benevolent loving government that will punish the opposition into subordination. Duh.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It’s not illegal enough!!!!!!

First time offenders should get the electric chair. After that, ramp up the punishment. You can’t have the people making all their own decisions. You need a benevolent loving government that will punish the opposition into subordination. Duh.
lol, well the train is in full motion and cant't be stopped. Its legal in some form in over 30 states (thats a majority people). The feds are decriminalizing it and 6 days it will pass here in OK and I predict a landslide of near 70%.
I said 2-3 years ago that pot would be legal in this state within 5 years. All those who enjoy government control of their lives will just have to get used to another freedom to choose and find something else to ***** about. Maybe they can start backing Civil asset forfeiture.

Buzzgun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Everything I have posted is fact. I looked it up myself, yall can do the same.

If you want people to believe what you say and possibly change their minds, you'll have to do more than tell us you "looked it up"......we all know there is as much bogus info out there as there are facts.....post some links to your research.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you want people to believe what you say and possibly change their minds, you'll have to do more than tell us you "looked it up"......we all know there is as much bogus info out there as there are facts.....post some links to your research.

If you hit Google Scholar and let just say put in "thc cannabinoids" you get 37,000 scientific paper hits on just those two tags alone. It's there if you want to read up on it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom