Revoked Gunsmith FFL: Problem Getting Gun Back

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Larry Morgan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If he's under an LLC, you most likely (depending on state regulations) can't put a lien against him personally or his personal property. You might be able to get through to him, for example, if the company wasn't solvent or it could be considered fraud. But he probably has some assets there to liquidate to make it solvent again, so you're most likely going to have to go after his company.

Unless you sit outside his house, of course.

fustigate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I GOT IT BACK!
I'll post details tomorrow when I have the time (and if anyone cares), but I have it back. He had not done any work (certainly no soaking like he told me he was doing in August (one of the things I wanted done was a good, proper cleaning)). It's probably better he didn't do any work on it.

So persistence paid off. No one had to raise his voice. No police were needed. But it shouldn't have taken this long and gone this far.

Thank you all for your interest, concern, and advice. I really appreciate it. I think it helped me keep from freaking out about this.

He was pretty chatty, like we were pals or something. Interestingly, he showed me a Webley cylinder and told me about the process he does on them. ... is he supposed to be be doing any machining of gun parts (presumably for payment) with out an FFL??

snider

New to the site!
Reaction score
I GOT IT BACK!
I'll post details tomorrow when I have the time (and if anyone cares), but I have it back. He had not done any work (certainly no soaking like he told me he was doing in August (one of the things I wanted done was a good, proper cleaning)). It's probably better he didn't do any work on it.

So persistence paid off. No one had to raise his voice. No police were needed. But it shouldn't have taken this long and gone this far.

Thank you all for your interest, concern, and advice. I really appreciate it. I think it helped me keep from freaking out about this.

He was pretty chatty, like we were pals or something. Interestingly, he showed me a Webley cylinder and told me about the process he does on them. ... is he supposed to be be doing any machining of gun parts (presumably for payment) with out an FFL??

ineed to get my webley back from this subhuman calling himself a gunsmith ,he has had my grandfathers webley for two years plus with no responses to any inquiries after first month
thanks

EhlerDave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is why I don't own any more guns....they all sunk to the bottom of the ocean. No worries, no problems, no one to come knocking and trying to take them away.

I tossed all my guns off the coast of Oklahoma, I guess the salt water will render them useless. :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom