Revolver for a friend arthritis

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As has been said; learn to shoot SA

I sold Wif's SP101 hammerless .357 because she could no longer manage the DAO trigger pull. It was an awesome piece, wish it hadn't been the hammerless model.
She is not a fan of the airweights. Had a S&W 60 .38Spl. The grip was small and difficult to hold.

The SP101 or GP100 in .327 Fed or .357 Mag is an awesome gun. Get a model with a hammer. Shoot SA and DA. Security Six is good, too.
A Blackhawk will also fill the bill.

Last edited:

Thorgrim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As has been said; learn to shoot SA

I sold Wif's SP101 hammerless .357 because she could no longer manage the DAP trigger pull. It was an awesome piece, wish it hadn't been the hammerless model.
She is not a fan of the airweights.

The SP101 in .327 Fed or .357 Mag is an awesome gun.
Too bad you got rid of it. It isn't that difficult to do a trigger job on the Ruger SP101/GP100 or the S&W revolvers.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Does Charter Arms still make their 380 revolver? I know I would trade my wife's S&W 38 for one. The light weight frame just hurts her to much to practice much and she can not work the slide on my Shield.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Too bad you got rid of it. It isn't that difficult to do a trigger job on the Ruger SP101/GP100 or the S&W revolvers.
Found too good of a trade for it, just before I bought the parts. She prefers a 1911. Can't work the slide, but she hasn't ever had to. It stays cocked and locked.

OneShotKill

Marksman
Reaction score
As been said, the LW's are NOT range guns. The lighter the gun, the more recoil. However, if this is a gun she is going to put in her purse and not use until it's a must then check into a Smith model 38 or 442. You might bring up a Snubbie 22 mag, just a thought.
Check into a Beretta 32 Tom-Cat w/the flip up barrel. That way she never has to pull the slide back.

The 22 mag snubbies along with most 22lr are a no go. The reason is the rimfire requires a really heavy spring. We have tested several. The Smith and Wesson has about a 15 pound pull, the Taurus is back on the market but it is about 16 pounds. https://www.gunblast.com/Taurus-941Ultralite.htm. https://dailycaller.com/2014/04/10/gun-test-smith-wesson-model-351c/

The best choice is probably the SW model 637 or 642. Someone suggested the model 640, will not work. It weighs about 25 ounces empty, I carried one for 20 years, too heavy for a purse. The 637 and 642 are 15 ounces, just saying.

Last comment, the Charter Arms these days have a really nice pull. However, the new Kimber 357, has a wonderful trigger pull about 9,5 pounds and smooth as silk. The down side, the reason I do not own one is, the MSRP is $970. FWIW

OneShotKill

Marksman
Reaction score
One more thought. The little Remington 380, a copy of the $1,000 Rorbaugh, has a really EZ to pull slide and the long DA trigger pull is pretty light, just long. Add says it I 8-9 pounds. Bought one for grins and my 68 year old wife took it for that reason. https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/gun-review-remington-rm380/

CDNN has been selling them for $199 with 5 magazines.

Latest posts

Top Bottom