Rifle season.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ef9turbo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This year I'm going to go out with my patrol rifle and duty rounds and sit in stand. Depending on how far away the shot(if there is a shot), I'll either use my optic or irons.

I know, I know, small round for bit deer. It's more of a, "I bet you can't" deal, so I'm going to try it.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This year I'm going to go out with my patrol rifle and duty rounds and sit in stand. Depending on how far away the shot(if there is a shot), I'll either use my optic or irons.

I know, I know, small round for bit deer. It's more of a, "I bet you can't" deal, so I'm going to try it.

I'd say with duty rounds its not as small as people think man - I'm taking 55gr rounds out with my AR (and my son's doing the same) this year. What load are you using?

I half-way want to shoot one with irons, but the first year I tried with a National Match hooded M1A sight aperture at dusk and couldn't even see through the rear aperture, I said screw that (with an AR, at least you've got two Apertures to look through when it gets darker).

Survivor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All my centerfire rifles are ready and begging to go deer hunting. Since they are all good at what they do, they may all have a shot when they are chosen on their day if I haven't taken a deer. I will have to miss our opening weekend though.

My centerfire rifles are Colt Lite rifle 06, Ruger M77 7x57, Herte'rs bolt action 7mm Rem. mag., Winchester 96 30-30 or a NEA 30-30.

Latest posts

Top Bottom