Right or Wrong: FFL and OSA members opinions needed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Right or Wrong?

• Right

Votes: 167 91.8%
  • Wrong

Votes: 15 8.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I saw your post the second it went up and couldn’t believe the price. I’m sure there are a few longstanding OSA folks out there who would give anything to get their hands on a SOCOM at a normal price. I’m sure they would keep it forever too as a reminder to not get on the wrong side of the market again.

For the record I sold my LNIB Colt 6920 last month for $1100 here thinking I could replace it anytime for close to the same. Oops!! Thank goodness I have another but I wouldn’t sell it for ANYTHING now.

I 100% support your decision.

Torch Red Tulsan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This was very depressing for me to offer such a thing, and this happen.

I didnt think I was naive about much, yet, I have learned the opposite.

You're only responsible for your own actions and intentions. You had generosity and the benefit of the forum in mind. Don't diminish your own admirable actions with those of someone wanting to take advantage of you.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Hmm you placed an ad, tried to do a good thing and got caught up in a situation.

I understand the dilema. Not selling to him aint right, reposting and selling to a better known member just to satisfy the good intention isnt exactly right either.

I dunno man, its a bitter pill, but ya might chalk it up as a lesson learned or hafta take the hit.

reddog1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hmm you placed an ad, tried to do a good thing and got caught up in a situation.

I understand the dilema. Not selling to him aint right, reposting and selling to a better known member just to satisfy the good intention isnt exactly right either.

I dunno man, its a bitter pill, but ya might chalk it up as a lesson learned or hafta take the hit.

Very good point. Lesson learned bigtime.
I may keep the rifle. I don't know.

jlneece1

New to the site!
Reaction score
I have a great deal of respect for you doing the right thing. I am for free market economy but these guys that are trying to double and even triple the prices on weapons, ammo and mags are taking advantage of decent people and I firmly believe that they will reap what they sow. I desperately want to own one but will not let myself be taken advantage of by some sleazy guy trying to make a buck. Good luck to you sir!

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
, reposting and selling to a better known member just to satisfy the good intention isnt exactly right either.

Doesn't appear his intention were to sell to a better "known" member.
Looks like he did his research and "knows" what he wants about the one in question.
Not picking a fight, just pointing out what happened.

For the record I don't care what people sell thier stuff for.
I just always felt like OSA was more of a community, not a market.

Torch Red Tulsan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I disagree. I think not selling to him was just fine. The original buyer, regardless of why he was buying, now gets to pay the consequences for his other sales. Just as he got to sell his items to someone willing to overpay, reddog gets to sell his item to someone he thinks will appreciate it in the manner he offered it.

dwkennedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you feel like giving something away, why not auction off that rifle at a friends of the NRA banquet? Or sell it for market price and give the proceeds to charity?

What's the gain of selling it with a classified ad to somebody you don't know, other than the profit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom