Right or Wrong: FFL and OSA members opinions needed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Right or Wrong?

• Right

Votes: 167 91.8%
  • Wrong

Votes: 15 8.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

soonersfan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I see no problem with it. You informed the guy (or gal) before they made the trip so they were not out any time or money. Buyers change their minds all the time for whatever reason. Sellers can do the same. I also don't have a problem with them wanting to buy it and flip it.

I don't believe gun sellers and gun buyers are to blame for all the frenzy right now, politicians are. Most reasonable people believe that some sort of restrictions are going to be passed in short order and that some things may be way more expensive (ammo tax?) or impossible to find (high capacity mags and "assault rifles"). It is easy to sit back and say all of this will blow over but it's also hard not to speculate until it does.

Cue

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you do re-list say something along the lines of re-sellers and gougers need not apply.

Or you can sell it to the original guy for 900% markup. That is the rate he is selling his products.

reddog1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you feel like giving something away, why not auction off that rifle at a friends of the NRA banquet? Or sell it for market price and give the proceeds to charity?

What's the gain of selling it with a classified ad to somebody you don't know, other than the profit?

Oh I was making a profit. Not giving it away hardly.

cowzrul

Distinguished 1998
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OSA isn't Academy, Dicks or Dongs. It's totally within reddogs right to cancel the transaction. Screw following through with a transaction with a known flipper. A few weeks back I sold something here with a few accessories at a good price. The guy turned around a few hours after I sold it to him and posted all the extras at what I thought was a really high price. Hey, everybody has an opinion and mine is that this guy was "shady" for his behavior. On the other hand...reddog1 has Character! Tinfoil hat and all. Some of these folks we have around here are lacking in character.

superdave65

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Reddog1 I see you post really great prices all the time. I see that as you participating in the community. Giving the members good deals. For that I applaud you, alway made me wish that I could live in Tulsa to take advantage of them. An analogy to this situation to me would be as follows. You give your buddy a great deal on a gun because you think that he really wants it and would appreciate the firearm and the "buddy's" price. Then he immediately sells it and make a bundle of money.
Something like that would leave a bad taste in your mouth. I appreciate you looking out for the community, over making a quick buck.

Powerman620

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Out of respect for my dealer I deal with, I will not resell any of the items that I get at a very good price in today's market. He could easily sell for more to others but old customers get non inflated price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom