Right or Wrong: FFL and OSA members opinions needed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Right or Wrong?

• Right

Votes: 167 91.8%
  • Wrong

Votes: 15 8.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am also required by the ATF / FBI to not sell to anyone whom I believe might resell for profit.

If they can prove that I had done such, I can lose my license, face fines / prison time, and lose my 2nd amendment right.

And that is the bottom line. We had a customer tell us that he was flipping guns, he had to find a new FFL.

Porter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You did the right thing Patrick. I happened to be in the classifieds when it went up last night and couldn't quite pull the trigger fast enough. My first thought was, "I hope some douche doesn't turn right around and put this thing on Armslist". I know there are many guys out there like myself that have wanted a Colt AR for years that never picked one up and probably thought they would never be able to afford one now. You did a good thing and I hope the person that ends up with it appreciates what you are doing.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a NIB Colt I'll sell for $2500 and a NIB Colt 9mm I will sell for $3500. NIB P-mags $100, with windows $125 1000 rounds Federal .223 for $1300

You guys just let me know.............bwaaaahaaaaahaaaaa

6shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree with what you did. I have a new, never fired AR, do I want to sell it for profit, no. I may not be able to get ammo for it and could sell it for more than what I paid but I have always wanted one and in all honesty don’t want to double what I paid for it at this time. I try and keep what I have bought and use them. If I needed the money and have to sell it then maybe, just maybe, I would ask a little more to meet other obligations. It’s a shame that some are using it as a sellers’ market right now and the people who are turning them for twice or three times the price are adding to the frenzy. I always believed OSA was good bunch of honest guys and gals where you could swap stories and sell you item at a reasonable price and get the same in return. The knowledge base in the OSA is sometimes amazing. Just my 2 cents.

reddog1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been thinking about this for a couple hours.
Looks like I'm in the minority.
You knew the market, you agreed to sell for $xxx$.
Someone agreed to buy it for $xxx$
So you'll have to live with your conscious of being a welcher whether the guy is flipping or not.
Just like i had the S&W 22/15 mags for $20 before the hysteria that i got lowballed for a few weeks over,
Then when someone agreed to buy for $20, i stood by my word even though i could have sold them for more.
I'm not sure differing opinions are allowed here anymore without getting banned but that is mine.
You know I still love you Reddog!

Peanut, your opinion is MOST welcomed by me, and I'd agree 100% if I were a private seller.

I am required by the ATF to cancel the sale, if I have reason to believe the customer is going to sell for profit.

Welcher I am, and licence I keep. So be it.

No one is going to ban you for the above opinion Brother, thats why I posted this!!!

I love you too, but dont touch me.

elance

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
break a deal face the wheel break a deal face the wheel , sorry couldn't resist and couldn't believe noone said it yet . other than that. thanks for being cool .

elance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom