RK gun show is now $12.00

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
RK was a no-show at a scheduled Ardmore show last year. It was on their website and GunShows-USA website right through the weekend. A few of us down here were really hacked, but who's gonna listen to us? I wrote that one off to a screw-up.

Now, it looks like that was just an example of the real RK. At least, now the rest of the community knows I'm not just sour grapes. That operation sucks.

The sad part is they will get by just fine. It will all blow over and they'll go on down the road with their $12. The bad part is there are a number of us who will never go back and the dealers will never know how much they lost. I spent over $600 there Saturday and last year, at another RK show in OKC, I spent over $700.

With that, I wipe my hands of it. They're not worth the dead pixels.

PUMPKIN

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do you guys go to the movies??

The problem i have is they send out fliers and then purposely turn around and screw people with the 12 dollar entry. dont tell me they forgot about the fliers with the discount. they should have honored their fliers this time and then raised the price the next time. either way im not going to a rk show.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've always wondered what would happen if a gun show came around that had free or very low $ admission and no paid advertising. Would that still make it a profitable venture for the promoter? You think word of mouth would be enough to pack the house?

Sanjuro82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've always wondered what would happen if a gun show came around that had free or very low $ admission and no paid advertising. Would that still make it a profitable venture for the promoter? You think word of mouth would be enough to pack the house?

Yes. So long as they can keep the crap vendors and beanie babies from showing up.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes. So long as they can keep the crap vendors and beanie babies from showing up.

I've never understood the whole beanie baby thing. It is ENTIRELY up a promoter to decide what types of things they allow at their shows. They could stop beanie babies and toy helicopters in a heartbeat if they would decide to not sell them a table. I can understand tables with military surplus and knives and gun related items but beanie babies are just beyond my comprehension.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's possible the gun show organizers admit the beanie baby vendors (are we now lumping all non-firearms-related vendors into a single category with this moniker?) because they don't have enough firearms-related vendors to fill the arena. Possibly also they have firm commitments from the BB vendors while some of the firearms vendors hem and haw about setting up at a show? Just spit-balling here.

Latest posts

Top Bottom