RK gun show is now $12.00

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ActionJaxn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a choice to go shooting or the RK gun show. My decision was to attend the RK gun show (dumb choice), because they were advertising $6 admission and free admission for Vets. They surprised me (as well as everybody else) at the door with the $12 admission. It was a waste of time, same old vendors with over priced items. I saw a Ruger 10/22 BX-25 magazine being sold for $35, lol. I paid $18 for myself ($6 Vet) and my son ($12). Waste of time and money. I will never recommend the RK gun shows to anyone anymore.

Wolf44

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Friends said that it was 6$ if you had the on-line coupon printed off......otherwise $12 and most were not happy at the entrance(s)

Sounds like the Wane is the only show worth .02c.

at least y'all have shows I guess...

Last edited:

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sad... I had a rare weekend off, and was in OKC this weekend. I thought about going to the gunshow, but when I heard about the bait & switch at the door, I decided not to patronize a show with those kinds of tactics.

Are you listening RK? I had the money in my pocket to buy, probably would have walked out with a new gun and some cool accessories for my recently-built AR.But no way I'm paying $36 for me, my son and my wife to get in and pick our way through beef jerky and beanie babies to find a few gun dealers who were mostly-overpriced and it sounds like not too pleasant based on reviews.

Sorry.... one more customer with money in his pocket turned away by poor business practices.

hanson405

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I actually knew a vendor at this show, and he and everyone he knew thought it was $6 entrance. This is nothing short of dishonest, sorry to say. EVERYONE who went in thought it was a $6 show. I even mentioned that it was advertised as a $6 show and they looked at me like i was crazy. 24 dollars later, myself and my fiance were in, with a really bad taste in my mouth. Never again....

superdave65

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I asked the guys running the show what the deal was. They claim that there was no deception, that the ad in the paper stated that the $6.00 was with the coupon. Then they stated that postcards went out with the $6.00 price. Basically they are going the way of Metcalf's Gunshow. The table prices are going up to $40.00 for vendors and admission will be $12.00. They only were doing the cheap shows to get their foot in the door in OKC

GNRNR

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I kinda feel like I'm the one that kicked off the hate and discontent.
I was third or fourth in line at the North door. I got there about ten minutes early and stood around until they were ready. As I was standing there they were talking about the price increase. I didnt think much of it as I had the pink card with $6 dollar gunshow on it. Go through the line and the cashier tells me 11 dollars please after I had handed him the card. I tell him it might as well be a Metcalf for that price. He gets his boss over there and they get it figured out. I ended up getting in for $5.

Also talking with some of the vendors, they didnt know about change either.

So you guys that came in with the card after me did they still try to grift you on price?

Latest posts

Top Bottom