RK gun show is now $12.00

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Twmaster

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After having been to the shows put on by several promoters in OKC I had decided I would only attend the RK shows due to the reasonable admission fee. Now I'll not be attending any in OKC.

I hope somebody from RK is reading this. You need to extract your collective skulls from each of your anuses pronto.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We all got in for $6.00 each (there were 7 of us) WITH the coupons. But I did overhear one of the guys at the door tell another show-goer that the $12.00 price at the door would be the price from now on. With that said, even at $12.00 to get in, I thought the show today was worth the price. We've gotten used to $9.00 prices at the door in Lawton, with far less guns on the floor, so even $12.00 for a show of this caliber does not seem out of line. Just as a for instance, I can't recall seeing more than 2 Lugers at any one show in Lawton; today there was one guy with 5, another guy with 11. In general, I thought it was a very good show.

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
It still says $6 dollars for the March 3-4 show too.

I have often wondered why Tulsa has always been 12.00 and OKC has been 6.00. Welcome to our world... I would say that by not attending you will help drive their price down, but a few years ago I decided to walk out after them trying to charge 12.00 instead of 6.00. They still have a line out into the parking area to this day. I just save my money for the big show.

JxxxOxxxE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To bad we can't get someone to promote a good gun show.

I was discussing this with a friend today....Seems like there'd be money to be made at just a $6 entry fee...

Any idea what it costs to rent one of the buildings? Plus there's insurance, bond, employees, OKCPD presence....

I'd be interested to see what the gate numbers bring in a day...

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So you guys that came in with the card after me did they still try to grift you on price?

I showed up at 10:30 with no coupon and completely oblivious to the price change. I handed the kid at the table $6 and went about my business getting my hand stamped. Not a word from anyone...

Harley1953

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wife and I went to South Door with Military ID in hand(about 1045 on Saturday) and they wanted to charge us the $12 to get in. Guy said price went up today and vets/military got in for 1/2 price... Hence $12 for the both.... We both said no way and walked out.

Wife reminded me that we actually brought the pink postcards they mailed out.....

Tried the North door just for grins and guy at THAT door saw the cards and we got in for free with military ID.

I will be sending them e-mail when I get home as we will NOT attend any show that wants to charge $12 to get in. I look at this as a most definite type of bait and switch and would probably attend a Metcalf show now knowing up front the cost to get in before I go to an RK show again.

From this thread it would appear that RK REALLY has generated some bad feelings amongst show goers.......

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
After having been to the shows put on by several promoters in OKC I had decided I would only attend the RK shows due to the reasonable admission fee. Now I'll not be attending any in OKC.

I hope somebody from RK is reading this.

I always liked their $6 admission and show......especially when paying for two. ^^^^^

Guess I will go to Wannemachers more often.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
From an outsider's POV, the RK shows have been getting better and better every time since the $6 switch. They've gotta be some kind of dumb to pull this. Especially after the $6 ads went out everywhere. I was gonna set up at this one, but had some stuff come up. So glad I didn't. I would have demanded my money back and gone home.

Latest posts

Top Bottom