Ron Paul Is Secretly Taking Over The GOP — And It's Driving People Insane

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The only real way to change Washington is to change the establishment politicians. Though I am a die-hard Republican I'm not blind to the fact that they are a big part of the problems in this country. Getting some new blood can only happen if we elect some new young representatives that will truly represent the ideals of mainstream America, raise taxes on the richest Americans, close tax loopholes and simplify the tax codes, eliminate Government pork barrel spending, and everything else that's wrong with the system! If we keep reelecting the same people we will always get the same results. I have to agree with Obama there, but it doesn't just happen with Republican Congress-persons.

While I agree with this premise, it's the election cycle itself that's to blame. You cannot get elected without big money. Big money usually comes from big donors. Big donors have agendas and those agendas don't necessarily coincide with the good of the country. By the time they win a federal election, politicians are on the hook for a LOT of promises. If that weren't enough, as soon as they hit the hill seasoned veteran coworkers take them under their wing and explain the realities of the system. You don't get what you want unless you play ball on what others want, none of which is necessarily good for the country either. it doesn't matter which side of the fence you're on, this is the system we actually have. Combine it with our fractured society and there's no way it's going to get fixed until things get so bad, we finally wise up and stop putting personal agendas first. It will take the people, politicians and special interest groups all working toward the same united goals to do it. I'm just not sure that's possible anymore. :(

amadera

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Glocktogo said:
Too bad you couldn't convince Republicans of that fact. I've decided that deep down, in places they don't talk about at parties, Republican voters want Obama in the WH, They NEED Obama in there to complain about. Otherwise, partial ownership of all the policy failues belongs to them and that's something they will never accept. By nominating such a weak kneed moderate Republican, they're subconciously signaling that they don't have anything that will fix our problems. They want someone who'll appease the left and stave off serious attacks from them. The more they try to distance themselves from the issues, the more they reveal that in all honesty, they're no different and certainly no better. They're just a little more clueless about it. :(

http://news.yahoo.com/whos-obama-romney-projecting-mirror-image-115522902.html

Plus one!

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Whats so fair about the fair tax? The uber rich consume nothing, besides they are the smallest group that gets taxed. They create LLC's and straw purchase everything.

Or maybe im wrong and talking out of the Left side of my mouth.

But RP will prolly get my vote.

H

Haggard

Ron Paul is my hero. I was never into anything political until I read his book "The Revolution". (That book changed the way I look at the world.) It disgusts me that the media is blacking him out the way they are. I would rather succeed from the Union then go down the road were about to be on.

liberal=stupid
progressive=evil

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Whats so fair about the fair tax? The uber rich consume nothing, besides they are the smallest group that gets taxed.

They consume nothing? They don't eat, buy luxury cars, boats, all kinds of toys? The "uber rich" right now are one of the highest taxed of all of us. What's fair is making the other half of the country that pays little to nothing actually have to pay their fair share. You can make it a flat tax too if you want - everyone pays a certain percent. No loopholes, no breaks. Easy to figure your taxes, and the IRS becomes a shell of it's former self.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Whats so fair about the fair tax? The uber rich consume nothing, besides they are the smallest group that gets taxed. They create LLC's and straw purchase everything.

Or maybe im wrong and talking out of the Left side of my mouth.

But RP will prolly get my vote.

Perhaps I'm ignorant, but you're going to have to explain this line of thought to me, because it's baffling.

BTW, if RP hasn't already gotten your vote, it's too late now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom