Rosanne

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Shutting down conservative free speech?

Where the F have you been for the last 30 years? Rosanne Barr has never been a conservative. She's always been a bat-shite crazy nut who ran for president on the damn Green Party ticket.

She said some stuff to bait so-called conservatives into watching her show and then imploded like she's done in the past. Her show getting cancelled is about bad public relations and corporate risk vs. reward decision making. We are no better and no worse off with her on or off the air.

I swear, folks who spend a lot of time complaining about triggered snowflakes sure do spend a lot of time acting like triggered snowflakes.

A-FRIGGIN-MEN!!!!

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Name some, it's good for debate to list specific examples rather than generalizations imo.
Well anecdotally, several school dances protested/cancelled by a schoolmate’s minister PTA head father. He also spearheaded all manor book bans, Romeo Juliet, Fahrenheit 451, etc. I basically grew up in the dirty dancing town lol.
But a couple shows off the top of my head was an ABC show called “Good Christian Belle,” Bill Maher’s “politically incorrect,” (backlash from disagreeing with bush over 9/11). I’ll look for others when I get a break.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I know the owner of the stage or the set has the final say, but what if these things were said on a stage that she owned? Would there have been any backlash at all?

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To be fair, that is one terrible 'do and there are similarities.

lyq1WHy.jpg

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know the owner of the stage or the set has the final say, but what if these things were said on a stage that she owned? Would there have been any backlash at all?

Perhaps, perhaps not. I guess it depends on what you call 'backlash' at that point. Owning the stage would probably only mean that she couldn't 'get fired'. That wouldn't stop backlash from advertisers, other cast/crew members, sponsors, etc. Or even just general uproar from the public.

If ABC had waited a week until all of the show's advertisers left, would they have been justified in canceling it then since it had hurt their bottom line?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How do you know they had the SAME limitations in their contracts? I wouldn’t think they would since their Shows have vastly different audiences/ purposes. Maybe they didn’t even have contracts as some have suggested lol
As far hypocrisy, there’s enough to go around on both sides. I can’t name how many shows/events have been canceled/changed because of people worked up into a conservative righteous & religious fervor. Concerts, dances, tv shows, you name it, all have been canceled “for the children.”

It’s amazing how much this conversation has changed, it went from “what she said isn’t racist,” to “her rights were violated,” to “not fair.”
My point is that you and nobody else knows what was in her contract or anyone elses for that matter. What we are seeing and I'm verifying is that the left takes care of their own and silences those that don't follow their narrative. It's blatantly obvious.
The left claims to be a champion of the people and the peoples rights until it disagrees with their opinion, then it evolves into name calling, and denigrating the person, their family and their circle of friends.
It's the same scenario every time that it's almost getting predictable. Bring out the scorned women, make wild salacious claims from "unnamed sources" that can't be verified, and impune the character of everyone around them.
Like Okie4570, I'd like to see some specific examples of your claims, not general statements that can't be verified. I've produced my side of the discussion.

Latest posts

Top Bottom