Ruger LCP

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theishkid

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I finally got to look at the Taurus today and while I was there I looked at the Kahr just for giggles. They basically feel as good as their price tag to me. Kel Tec, Ruger, Taurus, Kahr in that order. I can't imagine spending over $500 one of these little guys so the Kahr is probably out unless it's just that great. The Kel-Tec and the Ruger felt almost too thin and too much like a toy to me. I was really impressed by the new Taurus though. If the magazine didn't wiggle around so much I would have bought it today. That was really the only external difference I noticed about the Taurus and the Khar. The car seemed completely solid while all the others some to have some wiggle to them.

Milezc9

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I carry mine everyday. I broke it in and now don't really mess with it besides cleaning it. It's definitely not a range gun but a great carry. It goes in all my jean pockets and just prints like a cell phone.

Jamie_s_72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't waste your money on an LCP. This is my new Diamondback 380. The design was taken straight from Glock and also has Glock reliability. The cost is a bit more but you won't find a better shooting 380. The recoil is not near as bad as the Lcp or the Keltec. The second Pic is the DB380 next to the P3AT
ai705.photobucket.com_albums_ww59_jamies72_DB.jpg

ai705.photobucket.com_albums_ww59_jamies72_DB1.jpg

Robertson07

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As a lady, I like my LCP for when my wardrobe won't hide my M&Pc, but if I am going to shoot a gun.... I always choose my M&Pc.

I have had no issues with my LCP. I do have the laser on it and can shoot very accurately with it.

gearys 5600

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How is the reliability of the diamondback 380? any reviews? good lookin little 380. i have a kel-tec that i have had zero issues with, i would like to see some reviews on the diamondback 380 before i run out and buy one.

cktad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had both the KelTec and the LCP and prefer the LCP. The LCP is a little more refined and the trigger is better than the KT. The price difference when I bought wasn't that much between the two. Both are great pocket guns so it's more a matter of personal preference.

ttown

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am actualy heading to Sports World to look at them both now. I am considering one for the wife,I have a 642 for pocket carry that I realy like & am thinking of a second 642 or possibly a Keltec or LCP for the wife to purse carry .thanx for the info

You might want to have her shoot one first. As a backup there good or as a gun you can carry anytime but for a primary there though for a new gun owner to get good at shooting it because they'll never be able to shoot it that much. They have as much recoil as any gun I own and they're so small you have to figure out how your going to grip it with your hand size. These are meant for a target gun. A smaller 9mm maybe a better choice since ammo is cheaper and they'll recoil less. Of course this is a close range gun, the sights on the keltec just aren't that good. Not sure about the LCP but these aren't meant to shoot targets at a distance but good for close range.

Latest posts

Top Bottom