Ruger Precision Rimfire

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Penywisexx

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, one of these followed me home last week on a whim. Overall pretty happy with it, but I was really hoping for a wood stock rimfire. Anyone know of any manufacturers making replacement stocks yet? I suppose the other option is to trade on an American Target like the one MM posted. If only I had some self control. :doh:
I saw a Precision Rimfire at Dong's yesterday in Tulsa when I was buying my 22/45 Lite. I almost ended up taking that home as well. After I checked out I was told that they offer layaway, I'm amazed that I had the self control to not buy that rifle. Now that I know they have layaway I know I'll be in trouble.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Penywisexx

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dong's had a precision rimfire in stock yesterday, it's definitely worth checking out. It was around $480 I think, I've seen them for $400 online occasionally. I would have bought it if I didn't buy myself the Ruger 22/45 yesterday. Otherwise check the gun show in Tulsa this weekend, you can find pretty much anything there. The place has thousands of tables.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had decided to get another CZ but had my name on a list for the Ruger at a couple places and one came in. So now I'm the owner. Hopefully get it scoped this weekend and take it out to shoot. Feels solid but sure is ugly. :)

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had decided to get another CZ but had my name on a list for the Ruger at a couple places and one came in. So now I'm the owner. Hopefully get it scoped this weekend and take it out to shoot. Feels solid but sure is ugly. :)
That's great Rawhide. You know I like how mine shoots. One problem I did find, the screws that came with my magpul bipod adapter were a lil long and would touch the barrel. I ground the screws off a little. Just something to keep in mind if you attach any accessories to the handguard.

}BuLL

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Target Lite? I'll take it off your hands if it is causing you to dry heave.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's great Rawhide. You know I like how mine shoots. One problem I did find, the screws that came with my magpul bipod adapter were a lil long and would touch the barrel. I ground the screws off a little. Just something to keep in mind if you attach any accessories to the handguard.
Now ya tell me. I installed a Mlok rail when I got home and yes one screw was touching the barrel which led me to discover that I can flex the barrel a little. Hopefully I'll get it set up right this weekend and give a range report.

}BuLL

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My family really enjoys the precision rimfire we bought for one of our daughters. We want a semi-auto target type 22 now. Has anyone seen the one in this link available anywhere?
https://ruger.com/products/1022TargetLite/specSheets/21186.html
Grabagun has had them in stock for less than an hour a few times the past couple months. Gotta be quick once they send you the in stock email.
Luck was on my side a couple days ago. Hope to get the factory grit cleaned out of the action, and a scope mounted soon so I can give it a work out.
6b61lDq.jpg

Pretty pleased, she's a shooter!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom