S&W Sigma Trigger Pull

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone ever have thier trigger pull lightened? I think its like 12-14 lbs on these things. I have a hard time with trigger control with it being so heavy. Is it something you can do yourself or is it safer to take it to a professional?

Zombie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
you can do some improvement yourself, it gets a little better either way over time. If you want a better trigger pull and nice and light you won't get it on a sigma. There is a smith in Texas (forgot his name) but he does warranty work and apparently it does a significant improvement and as it is "warranty" it is no cost at all

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
When I had mine I sent it back to Smith & Wesson and had their performance center lighten the trigger on mine. It came back with an 8 to 9lb pull. I still hated it after I got it back so it was sold almost immediately.

The best thing you can do with a Sigma is sell it and get something else.

doctruptwn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The spring fix works great at reducing the pull it doesn't shorten it any, The reliablilty is fine have several thousand round through mine with the springs out. As for the liability, that's an issue simular for reloading self defense ammo. Never been a case, just a hypothetical that Maasad Ayoob keeps hounding.l

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well i'm not ready to call it a turd just yet. I love mine. The trigger pull is a little on the heavy side but I have gotten used to it. I'm a poor boy and aint about to drop 7-800 bucks on a pistol. Its been reliable since I bought it but it never hurts to try to improve something.

Latest posts

Top Bottom