Sadness... Virginia News Crew Shot Live

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looking at the underpinnings of this terrible crime, I don't think that homosexuality has anything to do with it in a substantial way.

This system of diversity-entitlement that our society has established appears to be much more at fault than "evil" or mental illness. If you tell someone that they deserve to succeed because of their race and you bend over backwards to give them more opportunities than other people and then that person is still a failure you have set up a perfect recipe for resentment, hatred and potentially some violent acting out. Apparently this murderer could not perform adequately in his high status dream job, was fired and then spent two years working at a call center as his hatred festered.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Looking at the underpinnings of this terrible crime, I don't think that homosexuality has anything to do with it in a substantial way.

This system of diversity-entitlement that our society has established appears to be much more at fault than "evil" or mental illness. If you tell someone that they deserve to succeed because of their race and you bend over backwards to give them more opportunities than other people and then that person is still a failure you have set up a perfect recipe for resentment, hatred and potentially some violent acting out. Apparently this murderer could not perform adequately in his high status dream job, was fired and then spent two years working at a call center as his hatred festered.

I tend to agree with you but I'd lay odds it did contribute some, just not much. I've never known a homo/bisexual person that was truly happy. Every single one of them had issues of some sort going on constantly.

I'm on another forum and there's actually a debate going on as to whether this is a hate crime or not. I kid you not. This guy had every type of hate known! Sexual, racial, political, and employment (evidently every one of his employers). He left no doubt that he hated just about everything in life and it turned him truly evil. Some will say he had mental issues. Bullsh!t, he was just a plain pissed off, evil prick.

Last edited:

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I tend to agree with you but I'd lay odds it did contribute some, just not much. I've never known a homo/bisexual person that was truly happy. Every single one of them had issues of some sort going on constantly.

With all due respect, this is a complete ******** statement. I'd say a majority of the gay people I've known were WAY happier than most.... especially compared the stone throwin Gran Torino wannabes on this board.

They have no more "issues" going on than a straight person, they're probably more vocal about it though.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
With all due respect, this is a complete ******** statement. I'd say a majority of the gay people I've known were WAY happier than most.... especially compared the stone throwin Gran Torino wannabes on this board.

They have no more "issues" going on than a straight person, they're probably more vocal about it though.
I have seen both situations, just because your experience with gays is different than Shadows, does not make his statement BS. Gays fight a battle with their sexuallity. They all have the same battle to fight and once they are comfortable with being gay, they are seemingly happy people but it takes a while (as I have seen in some gay people I have known) to get to that point. Prior to that point, they are struggling with many issues usually.
Tell me with a straight face if you woke up tomorrow with the desire for another mans wood, it wouldnt mess with your head.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have seen both situations, just because your experience with gays is different than Shadows, does not make his statement BS. Gays fight a battle with their sexuallity. They all have the same battle to fight and once they are comfortable with being gay, they are seemingly happy people but it takes a while (as I have seen in some gay people I have known) to get to that point. Prior to that point, they are struggling with many issues usually.
Tell me with a straight face if you woke up tomorrow with the desire for another mans wood, it wouldnt mess with your head.

that'd probably depend on many factors, not the least of which is whether you have a family who will support you no matter what vs disown you. Much of 'problems' that my gay friends have experienced aren't because of issues they have with being gay, but the issues that others around them have. The fear of losing friends, family, etc to coming out is strong.

But to the bigger point, everyone has problems to some extent. Being gay might be an issue for some, but it certainly isn't for all or likely even many. And trying to separate out the gay crazy from the race crazy from the crazy crazy isn't going to yield any answers.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
that'd probably depend on many factors, not the least of which is whether you have a family who will support you no matter what vs disown you. Much of 'problems' that my gay friends have experienced aren't because of issues they have with being gay, but the issues that others around them have. The fear of losing friends, family, etc to coming out is strong.

But to the bigger point, everyone has problems to some extent. Being gay might be an issue for some, but it certainly isn't for all or likely even many. And trying to separate out the gay crazy from the race crazy from the crazy crazy isn't going to yield any answers.
I agree

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

20 years of experience in the service industry, littered with gays and all walks of life. Probably have quite a bit more exposure here than a vast majority and I surely have no religious based bias.

That's what you boys don't understand, being gay doesn't automatically manifest some anger. Societal issues might cause some anger but then you'd have to lay blame to society wouldn't you? Blaiming homosexuality for any part of this is as retarded as blaming the gun. It's funny how the same arguments we criticize here, show up here from time to time. This guy was an extreme sociopath that needed serious professional help. So the fault lies 100% with him and his decisions to circumvent any responsiblity for his actions. I surely hope it's obvious that sexuality has nothing to do with mental illness...... or have we reverted back a few centuries on this board?

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
20 years of experience in the service industry, littered with gays and all walks of life. Probably have quite a bit more exposure here than a vast majority and I surely have no religious based bias.

That's what you boys don't understand, being gay doesn't automatically manifest some anger. Societal issues might cause some anger but then you'd have to lay blame to society wouldn't you? Blaiming homosexuality for any part of this is as retarded as blaming the gun. It's funny how the same arguments we criticize here, show up here from time to time. This guy was an extreme sociopath that needed serious professional help. So the fault lies 100% with him and his decisions to circumvent any responsiblity for his actions. I surely hope it's obvious that sexuality has nothing to do with mental illness...... or have we reverted back a few centuries on this board?
First of all I never blames his gayness for his actions. I was only stating that I have indeed known some gays who were fighting battles related to being gay. No none of them were crazy AFAIK.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom