Salt Fork Bruiser (the sequel)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I made a quick trip up to hunt this evening, because according to my estimation/patterning, the buck that I've been hunting was supposed to come by my stand in the daylight. The trip made no sense because I have to be back to work Wednesday morning, and I've second guessed myself for coming all day. This was literally a "one hunt" trip.
I didn't see a deer until just before the end of shooting light, and the group of bucks I was looking for made their way toward me. When my "target" buck came within range, I closed the deal with my Excalibur Micro crossbow.
The buck weighed over 250 lbs and had 16 points. He gross scored 186.25" and is now my biggest buck.

I've had this buck on game cam for two years, but this evening was the first time I actually got to "see" him. I can honestly say that the cameras didn't do him justice.
IMG_4430.jpg
IMG_4432.jpg

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Congrats on making it happen! Long drive for one hunt, but that's an after thought now :) What did the bases measure?

DEER 24/7

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
That old saying you cant killed them on the couch well you just proved that in a great big way 186.25" big way. retrieverman a great great big congrats on a great okalahoma buck. And you also proved not everything is bigger in texas. thanks for sharing story and pics

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Congrats on making it happen! Long drive for one hunt, but that's an after thought now :) What did the bases measure?

Honestly, this trip was a terrible idea, but I'd do it again tomorrow for another buck like this. 1100 miles in less than 24 hours.

His bases were 6" and 6.5, but his beam palmates at the base of his browtines. None of his measurements were over the top, but there are just a bunch of them with 16 points. There was a lot that couldn't be seen from the game cam pictures.

Sticky Stokes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What a buck! Congrats on closing the deal on that beast! And that is one heck of a trip to make for one day of hunting, I applaud your effort and commitment, it would have been really easy to decide not to make that drive. Now....don't be bragging about Oklahoma deer back in Texas! lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom