Salute to Constitutional Sherriffs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cmhbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Haven't watched the video, and probably won't.

Everyone is getting all warm and fuzzy over sheriffs who make this grand pronouncement that they're only going to enforce constitutional laws.

Yawn.

What more should we expect from them? Assuming they've all taken an oath that basically says they'll preserve, protect and defend their the US Constitution and their state's Constitution, then why is everyone all warm and fuzzy about an elected official saying they'll do their job?

Now, if you're getting all gushy in your shorts about the idea of a county-level elected official announcing that they won't enforce federal laws, I have to ask you how you passed civics class. County-level elected officials don't enforce federal laws. Nor do county-level elected officials have the authority to declare all federal laws null and void, as some have. That's illegal. They're usurping authority when they do that, and if you get gushy in your shorts about that, then you're just confused. Badly.

M2145

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

Everyone is getting all warm and fuzzy over sheriffs who make this grand pronouncement that they're only going to enforce constitutional laws.

Yawn.

What more should we expect from them? Assuming they've all taken an oath that basically says they'll preserve, protect and defend their the US Constitution and their state's Constitution, then why is everyone all warm and fuzzy about an elected official saying they'll do their job?

Now, if you're getting all gushy in your shorts about the idea of a county-level elected official announcing that they won't enforce federal laws, I have to ask you how you passed civics class. County-level elected officials don't enforce federal laws. Nor do county-level elected officials have the authority to declare all federal laws null and void, as some have. That's illegal. They're usurping authority when they do that, and if you get gushy in your shorts about that, then you're just confused. Badly.

You sound like an OBAMA BOY !!

Raoul Duke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Somewhere in the stillborn state of Sequoyah

Yawn.

Maybe it is just symbolic, but symbolism can be a powerful thing. I posted this video because I think it is a clever counterbalance to the photo-op roundtable event the Obama administration held today surrounded by law enforcement officials to perpetuate the perception that there is widespread support from the LEO community for his gun control measures.

I concede the civics lecture. Although, I thought the comments from the Sheriff about not being able to enforce laws against illegal immigration on those who have broken that law and why then should he be expected to enforce laws that infringe on the second amendment rights of law abiding citizens, not to mention the constitutional rights of american citizens against illegal search and seizure are powerful and effective, warts and all.

Unfortunately, the gun control advocates have framed this debate in a manner that completely disregards truth, the Constitution, civics, common sense and civility making perception the new reality. It seems that, in this debate, the battle for public perception has devolved into a theater of the absurd where the spoils will go to the victor who serves up the best bread and circus. Right or wrong, it is what it is. I just feel that second amendment rights are too important to fight for with one hand behind tied behind the back or to avoid fighting fire with fire to preserve some sense of nobility or self respect. Losing with dignity has it's merits, in this case though(as I see it), it's not worth the loss. For me, this is about the survival of second amendment rights as they currently stand and doing what it takes to make sure they survive intact and protected.

As far as the music goes, it's not exactly my cup of tea either, but it would have been really boring to sit and watch the list go by on a silent black background. Overall, I think the production value is pretty good and it succinctly and sufficiently serves it's purpose.

Look, I'm a newbie here, maybe I'm completely wrong in my assessment. I'm not trying to flame, troll, offend or overstep any boundaries. I respect your criticism and only offer this response as an explanation of my motivation for making this contribution. I do not want to engage with such zeal that it actually hurts more than helps, nor do I want to let the perfect be the enemy of the good, for what it's worth.

Latest posts

Top Bottom