SAR .223 Good Quality/Price?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glock23

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hello,
I am considering purchasing a SAR .223 and was hoping you guys might part with some of your wisdom. This is an AK style rifle chambered in .223 (maybe in 5.56 nato?). It is Australian (or made for the Australians) and that is about all I know. The one I am looking at has a 16in. barrel but is in a pistol format (but is supposed to accept a stock). I am curious what you guys think about the quality of these rifles and are they more, or less valuable than a standard AK? Trying to figure out what this weapon is worth (NIB condition). Any thoughts will be most appreciated.......

30BulletHoles

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The SAR 3 is 5.56x45/.223 either will shoot fine. Sar AKMs are made in Romania. I would look at the rear of the receiver to see if there is a removable block put in the rear of the receiver. You should be able to identify this by looking for a tang on the top of the receiver at the rear. They are a standard AK. Its hard to say what the value would be until it is known if it is a frankenstein 16" barrell with a pistol receiver or if someone just took the buttstock off and replaced it with a receiver block in the rear. NIB value (if everything is correct buttstock included) would be about $600 thats considering that 5 years ago they could be had for about half of that.

glock23

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
The SAR 3 is 5.56x45/.223 either will shoot fine. Sar AKMs are made in Romania. I would look at the rear of the receiver to see if there is a removable block put in the rear of the receiver. You should be able to identify this by looking for a tang on the top of the receiver at the rear. They are a standard AK. Its hard to say what the value would be until it is known if it is a frankenstein 16" barrell with a pistol receiver or if someone just took the buttstock off and replaced it with a receiver block in the rear. NIB value (if everything is correct buttstock included) would be about $600 thats considering that 5 years ago they could be had for about half of that.

Thanks for the info. ....this is most helpful!

Latest posts

Top Bottom