SB1733 - Fear the Process!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just this morning watched (online) the final deliberations on this bill in the Oklahoma Senate. It passed and is now headed to the Governor's office.

I was completely flabbergasted by the arguements I heard this morning against this bill. Of course, I confess to a certain lack of objectivity on my part, but I was again astounded as to just how ignorant some of our elected representatives are. Some of the questions/objections to the bill were mind-boggling.

It was clear to me that most of the objections came from Senators who very obviously had not even read the bill. These people must never do any homework.

And, the questions! Lord, help us! The questions! Sorry for the rant; you just had to be there.

I have said it before. Every school kid and every voter should be required to spend a day in attendance at a session of the state legislature. Of course, that might only be about an hour and a half. Maybe, over time, it would impact who we send up there.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have said it before. Every school kid and every voter should be required to spend a day in attendance at a session of the state legislature. Of course, that might only be about an hour and a half. Maybe, over time, it would impact who we send up there.

Maybe over time, the morons we elect could learn something from those kids too. Even if it is only an hour and a half.

No, then again maybe not. The vast majority are untrainable.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just this morning watched (online) the final deliberations on this bill in the Oklahoma Senate. It passed and is now headed to the Governor's office.

I was completely flabbergasted by the arguements I heard this morning against this bill.

Me too, hence my post in the other thread. I really haven't always felt this way and to be honest I really don't like feeling this way, but they don't really give me any choice. Anymore I just wish they would GTFO.

Latest posts

Top Bottom