• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

[Sale/Trade] Scammer response

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Almost Jack Burton

Not the real Jack Burton but close.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
16   0   0

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220614-015433_Messages.jpg
    Screenshot_20220614-015433_Messages.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 0

Almost Jack Burton

Not the real Jack Burton but close.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Well here it is.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220614-015723_Messages.jpg
    Screenshot_20220614-015723_Messages.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20220614-015727_Messages.jpg
    Screenshot_20220614-015727_Messages.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20220614-015732_Messages.jpg
    Screenshot_20220614-015732_Messages.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20220614-015738_Messages.jpg
    Screenshot_20220614-015738_Messages.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 0

commandcomm

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I am pretty sure topoccxx is a scammer. Opened an account in May. Responded to me on WTB ad with a phone number. I responded if local in Oklahoma City. I didn’t hear back. Probably trying the send me money and I will ship to you scam.

Foxfire5

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Require us to send a pic of us infront of a state landmark to the mods before we have permission to sell. Eishens sign, Pops, state park entrance, etc
There has to be another way. One of my sons works for TI in Dallas, TX for 36 years. He can't tell me about his job in security but passed this info on to me: Take my Avatar. He says if they want to steal info from me, and pretending it is me, the scammer can click on my Avatar and in milliseconds have all my info take over the whole conversation blocking out me while he gets the information he needs to say misdirect a buy or sell to the scammer. Some scammers can get info from off the chip on your CC now. We have all heard about the device's being put on ATM's and Pay at the Pump to steal your money and info. Scammers are so good now they can get your info directly out of your wallet just by walking by where you are standing from the bulge of your wallet in your back pocket! Dang is nothing sacred??

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
There has to be another way. One of my sons works for TI in Dallas, TX for 36 years. He can't tell me about his job in security but passed this info on to me: Take my Avatar. He says if they want to steal info from me, and pretending it is me, the scammer can click on my Avatar and in milliseconds have all my info take over the whole conversation blocking out me while he gets the information he needs to say misdirect a buy or sell to the scammer. Some scammers can get info from off the chip on your CC now. We have all heard about the device's being put on ATM's and Pay at the Pump to steal your money and info. Scammers are so good now they can get your info directly out of your wallet just by walking by where you are standing from the bulge of your wallet in your back pocket! Dang is nothing sacred??
Yep. That's called Radio Frequency Identification, or RFID. You can buy wallets that block the signal emitted by your cc chip, but many security experts say they're not needed. The truth is, your credit card has always been vulnerable. Always. Your protection is that credit card companies don't hold you responsible for fraudulent use of your card, and even if they do are limited as to how much (I think it is or used to be $50) they can legally hold you responsible.

https://tracsoft.com/what-is-an-rfid-blocking-wallet/
RFID is not new, but it's use on the chip on cc's is relatively recent.

I used to listen to a guy on the radio named Bruce Williams who gave all kinds of advice to callers, mostly financial. A lady called and was making a point to him about how careful she was when she used her credit card at the gas station to make sure the attendant never left her sight with her card, so she could be sure he didn't write the number down. He said, well that's great, but when you drive off he has your card number printed on form they roll your card onto. So.... :rollingla

Latest posts

Top Bottom