Scenes from a militarized America: Iowa family ‘terrorized’

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike_60

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, his hands went into the air AFTER the police engaged. Too late at that point.

I guess you're right he deserved to be shot even though there appeared to be no threatening moves towards any LEO. Of course getting shot several times in the back after trying to flee from being shot in the front is justification too. I'm sure he was a felon that wasn't deaf, or didn't understand English, or wasn't someone just having a breakdown. Shoot (pun intended) what's not to like, fill out a little paper work and a get few days off with pay, I guess nobody had a Taser.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some states are passing legislation where if the police department raids the wrong address that's on the warrant, then they could be held liable for whatever happens. Not sure where Oklahoma stands on this.

I guess I don't see where any special laws should have to be passed for this to happen. Why in the world wouldn't they be liable??

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess you're right he deserved to be shot even though there appeared to be no threatening moves towards any LEO. Of course getting shot several times in the back after trying to flee from being shot in the front is justification too. I'm sure he was a felon that wasn't deaf, or didn't understand English, or wasn't someone just having a breakdown. Shoot (pun intended) what's not to like, fill out a little paper work and a get few days off with pay, I guess nobody had a Taser.

Tuff ****. He ran from the police and got shot. I'm personally tired of people breaking the law and then bitching about what happens. Last time I had lights behind me, I pulled over, got a warning. Guess what, I did not get shot!! I don't deal drugs and have warrants out, so the cops are not beating down my door, again still not shot. Who gives a ****, dude broke the law and paid the price in the worst way. Guess the stupid ass should have pulled over in the first place. Ok rant over, in gonna go rob a store and run form the police and the ***** about my rights being violated when they F my ass up for resisting arrest.

jsl_pt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah I don't want this to be a general police bashing thread, just about police raids at the wrong house and how they could turn disastrous with people on both sides dead, my biggest fear.

RedTape

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm glad you guys all know the background of the criminals in the house. Like maybe how they have violent history of weapons possession AFCF, shooting with intent to kill, etc. Credit card fraud might just one of their many criminal endeavors. Oh that's right, you don't have their III criminal history packet. In fact you have no knowledge of who they are or what they are capable of.

Police don't have tanks. Some departments have armored vehicles which come in pretty handy when you have to make an approach on an armed and barricaded subject. When you have a guy in a house with a rifle you would want some cover too. Same thing with tear gas. If we can use that to force a subject out of a house without having to go in after him, it's safer for the police and the subject. Same thing with flashbangs. If we have to go in, the bad guy has the advantage. He knows the layout of the building and has the advantage of ambush. We are going to try to even the odds just a little bit so maybe we don't get shot in the head.

We put our lives at risk everyday. This isn't TV. This is real life where we deal with people who want to kill us. We're at a disadvantage because we have to respond to their actions. I'm not complaining. I signed up for it. But unless you have been there, have been shot at, have people with dirty needles conceal them and put them sharps up in their pockets hoping to stick you, called you for help with intentions of ambushing you, reached into their pocket or purse and pulled a gun etc....maybe you don't really know what you're talking about?

I'm putting my life on the line. Why don't you let me and the people with the training and experience plan how to carry out the jobs we have to do in the safest manner possible....or I guess you can continue to Monday Morning quarterback it from the safety of your computer.

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, his hands went into the air AFTER the police engaged. Too late at that point.

At that point he still had the physical ability to throw his hands up and did. The guy that put him on the ground and probably delivered the fatal blows shot him twice “in the back” while his hands were in the air and he leaned up against the car showing 100% submissiveness. That is murder! The Pinal County Sheriff's Office said it investigated the shooting and found the officer's use of lethal force justified. Do you thing that BS will wash when he meets his maker?

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Perhaps I didn't ask to be monitored, or subject to your decisions.

No Monday-morning QB here. I don't like the King's men entering homes without permission, period. Clear enough?
If you have a pervert holding a hostage, in a life-threatening situation, that's reasonable cause to bust down a door, but what percentage of broken doors were caused due to such a crisis?

Latest posts

Top Bottom