Schools questioning children

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shooter4

New to the site!
Reaction score
Just looking for some input on a recent incident where my elementary aged son may have taken a few rounds to school, a couple days later a school "resource" officer comes and talks my son and the principal and questions my son about my house, a safe, etc. and informs him of the dangers of ammo getting hot in his backpack and blowing up. My question is to the legality of questioning about my house without my consent or presence. Any input is appreciated. Thanks

Podman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You got to remember most teachers and principals are dumber than rocks when it comes to guns, ammo etc. They are mostly liberals and couldn't get a real job in life so become
teachers etc. I would just ignore it because it will just be more problems for you kid and you.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
You got to remember most teachers and principals are dumber than rocks when it comes to guns, ammo etc. They are mostly liberals and couldn't get a real job in life so become
teachers etc. I would just ignore it because it will just be more problems for you kid and you.

Maybe in Delaware, or in up state New York...................and this is the dumbest, most inaccurate, uneducated post I've ever read on OSA.

Not sure of that particular school's policies, but many would have just given him the boot for the rest of the year and expelled him. I'd be glad they took the time, considered the situation and DIDN'T go the liberal route.

excat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you don't want people asking about your business, don't give them a reason to. Plain and simple. You are a moron for letting that happen in the first place. Your child is lucky they didn't get expelled due to your incompetence. Be the adult and take responsibility for your kid and your lack of parenting instead of looking for an out like maybe they violated your rights in some way.

Turn the shoe on the other foot. Kid goes to school with ammo in his bag, few days later kid comes back and shoots a few other school kids, your kid included. Don't you think you'd be pissed off if that kid that was already caught bringing ammo to school wasn't expelled/suspended/or at least investigated on the first offense? Absolutely ZERO reason a child should ever bring ammo to school.

Wow, the stupid is deep in this thread. Both the OP and this guy need to crawl back under a friggen rock.

Razur

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Woah, hey for all we know it was a couple rounds of .22 left over from a range trip in the kid's jacket.
Maybe the OP has taught the kid the appropriate weapon handling rules.
No need to start name-calling.
On a related note, no need to teacher/school-bash either.
As noted earlier, most of us aren't lawyers, but I'd guess they can talk to your kid all they want as long as he isn't being charged with a crime.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you don't want people asking about your business, don't give them a reason to. Plain and simple. You are a moron for letting that happen in the first place. Your child is lucky they didn't get expelled due to your incompetence. Be the adult and take responsibility for your kid and your lack of parenting instead of looking for an out like maybe they violated your rights in some way.

While that's a pretty harsh way of saying it, I agree.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just looking for some input on a recent incident where my elementary aged son may have taken a few rounds to school, a couple days later a school "resource" officer comes and talks my son and the principal and questions my son about my house, a safe, etc. and informs him of the dangers of ammo getting hot in his backpack and blowing up. My question is to the legality of questioning about my house without my consent or presence. Any input is appreciated. Thanks

Thank God no one was killed. MAY??? have taken a few rounds to school? What's up with that? Why would someone be going through you son's stuff?

Welcome to the forum!

Latest posts

Top Bottom