Second Taser Related Death From OKCPD since July

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SBD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If anything at all there are at least two points to be taken away from this:

1) Don't fight the cops cause they WILL ALWAYS win in the end. (Don't take that as bashing). Resist the urge no matter how unjust you feel the treatment is.
2) There is no such thing as non-lethal force.

stewartglock

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

1) Don't fight the cops cause they WILL ALWAYS win in the end. (Don't take that as bashing). Resist the urge no matter how unjust you feel the treatment is.

True, I should have stated less-lethal.

Big50

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

1] Not true just saying

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Always is not exactly true. More like 95-99% of the time.

:popcorn: I gotta admit, Norman, you made me LOL with that one.

For all you guys out there who do not know me, I worked for lawyers for many, many years before GC took me from all that. Every single criminal defense lawyer I worked for told their clients time and time again there is a time and a place for every battle. The side of the road with a LEO is very rarely, if ever, the time or the place.

At least one of these lawyers also said that everyone in America is entitled to the best defense money can buy. You couldn't retain him if you didn't mortgage your home for your first consultation. He was very, very good at making sure your constitutional rights were not trampled on, but that didn't always keep his clients out of jail.

Norman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Fair enough, I'll rephrase.

I would love to see the large amount of evidence proving that Tasers are lethal. Most (all?) of the stuff I have seen has been put out by the ACLU, and deals with people that have severe pre-existing health conditins that prohibit them most amounts of strenuous physical activity. And a large portion of those have been in concert with illicit drug use. 100's of thousands, perhaps millions, of volunteers have taken the ride from the taser and are still kickin.

de-evoproject

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You know guys, its called LESS lethal and not NON lethal for a reason. It should be kinda common knowledge that it COULD kill you. And pre-existing conditions or drug or alcohol influences may or may not have an effect on it. Either way, would you rather see a cop taze a guy who's a little biligerent, beat them with a night stick, or just shoot them?

Tazer is the most safe route, not completely safe route. Of course if you screw with the cops, you should have accepted that you have put yourself in harm's way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom