Second Taser Related Death From OKCPD since July

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Fair enough, I'll rephrase.

I would love to see the large amount of evidence proving that Tasers are lethal. Most (all?) of the stuff I have seen has been put out by the ACLU, and deals with people that have severe pre-existing health conditins that prohibit them most amounts of strenuous physical activity. And a large portion of those have been in concert with illicit drug use. 100's of thousands, perhaps millions, of volunteers have taken the ride from the taser and are still kickin.

100's of thousands of people have survived bullet wounds too, does that make firearms non-lethal?

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
100's of thousands of people have survived bullet wounds too, does that make firearms non-lethal?

Even a nightstick can be lethal under the right circumstances. Seems I recall an incident of a man dying after a chase. No nightstick was used, no pepper spray, no tazer, he wasn't shot or beaten. He just ran and the cops gave chase. Does that make chasing everybody a lethal action? (I think it was over by the Health Sciences Center here in the City, but don't quote me on that ... )

The moral of this story is play stupid games win stupid prizes ... if you don't want to be tazered behave yourself. :bigeye:

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Even a nightstick can be lethal under the right circumstances. Seems I recall an incident of a man dying after a chase. No nightstick was used, no pepper spray, no tazer, he wasn't shot or beaten. He just ran and the cops gave chase. Does that make chasing everybody a lethal action? (I think it was over by the Health Sciences Center here in the City, but don't quote me on that ... )

The moral of this story is play stupid games win stupid prizes ... if you don't want to be tazered behave yourself. :bigeye:

Call me crazy but I thought the moral to the story was that the police need a non-lethal method of controlling uncooperative suspects. Don't get me wrong, the cop should be allowed to beat an assailant down if necessary, but the taser is not a non-lethal weapon.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Call me crazy but I thought the moral to the story was that the police need a non-lethal method of controlling uncooperative suspects. Don't get me wrong, the cop should be allowed to beat an assailant down if necessary, but the taser is not a non-lethal weapon.

LOL ... No the moral of this story is play stupid games win stupid prizes, cuz if the toad hadn't been beating his wife in the first place none of this would have happened. :disappoin

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Design one. Make it reliable, affordable, and practical.

I am kinda partial to that gadget that the military makes that makes you "feel hot". Don't know what it is called ... But I would just wind up in trouble if GC got one ... can you imagine how much fun that would be in the Wal-Mart parking lot?? :mean:

LtCCMPUnit42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can make a bent soup spoon a "leathal weapon", but that doesn't mean that I want to carry one on duty.
Think about it, all of the assailants that have been hit with a tazer are a damn sight better off than if they had been hit with a .45. No defense/control system is perfect, but it beats the hell out of the alternative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom