Second time for background check, second time delayed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okmods

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
You may have a similar name or social to someone not so nice. It may go away, or not. Is the three days that big a deal to you? Look yourself up on oscn.net or google yourself. May answer a question for you. Good luck.
Pretty sure it's not going to be a name collision. My last name is pretty unique, only four with my last name in the whole state, and a few hundred nationwide.
Searched the oscn database with my last name only and found a 1-10 over speeding ticket I got in 2005. Nothing else from any of my relatives.
Next time I fill out a background check form I'll leave off the SSN in case I'm sharing it with someone that has issues.

Last edited:

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is your FFL calling in or running it on the computer thru EZ Check system?

I have heard that the call ins are getting delayed due to the need to verify some information. The NICS people will tell the phone in "delayed pending investigation." and pass it on to a supervisor. If the supervisor is busy, the delay can last a while. I've heard that my local Walmart was delayed up to two hours per transfer and they had to keep the customer there and on the phone to avoid the 3 day hassle.

I purchased a rifle thru Walmart about two weeks ago and I got the "delayed for further investigation". It took around 15 minutes total. And I am an FFL holder!!

Why? Oh Why can't we get the CCW to be accepted like other States?

Dave

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sometimes I'm delayed, sometimes I'm not.

I was delayed for 3 days once, and in the interim I purchased another gun without delay.

If you spend a lot of time worrying about it, you're just worrying needlessly. There isn't a rhyme or reason to how or why you get delayed. I've even seen a guy on here claim he got delayed with a UPIN.

Latest posts

Top Bottom