Self Defense Knife

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve carried a knife since in grade school. Cub Scout meetings were right after school so we carried our knives to school, gave them to the teacher to keep during class, then retrieving them to go to scouts.
Knives were for whittling, cleaning fish and fingernails. Never thought much about using one for SD growing up, so always carried a Buck folder with a 2” blade.
Later on, heard a story about some guy stabbing his girlfriend over 50 times before leaving her to bleed out, but she survived.
Medical doctors said the 2” blade he used was too short to reach a vital area.
Got to thinking that if there ever was a time that a knife would be needed as a last resort, it needed a longer blade than had been previously carried.
Thinking I’d lost my Spyderco, got online and started looking for a new knife. Came upon a Civii 4” thumb assist Damascus. Reading the reviews, everyone loved it with some saying it was the best steel in a knife they had ever ran across, so ordered one, finding my spyderco where I had left it while it was being shipped.
Ever since getting the Civii, everything else stays in the drawer. It stays sharp longer than any knife I’ve abused, and has some backbone so it would be seriously hard to break.
IMG_1987.jpeg

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a Civivi Elementum II that I carry. And a Sinkevich-designed ZT. And a Montana Knife Company Magnacut Speedgoat or Magnacut Blackfoot fixed blade that's been under my belt every day since I bought them, excluding the day I had to go to a probate hearing. (I usually carry the super lightweight Speedgoat on my go-to-office britches and the Blackfoot in the tool pocket of my overalls.)

Oh, and there's usually a few other knives in my pockets.

I can't say I've ever used a knife for self defense, but I do use knives pretty much every day. Those MKC fixed blades are super pokey and would cause quite the hydraulic leak if ever called on to do something other than their normal "cardboard slayer" job.

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought a Civivi Elementum II yesterday on Amazon. Saw a lot of good reviews on YouTube about them. Should get it today. Next knife I want to get is a Winterblade Focus. It’s developed around magnetic opening and closing. They’re really nice, but hard to get. You have to preorder the knife (and they limit the amount of preorders) then wait 6-8 months for your knife. He (Bryan Winters) makes extras that he sells on the internet. Last time he sold on the internet his knives sold out in 3 seconds. I sent him an email asking about his knives and he replied in about 15 minutes. Actually got to talk back and forth with him. Very nice guy,

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought a Civivi Elementum II yesterday on Amazon. Saw a lot of good reviews on YouTube about them. Should get it today. Next knife I want to get is a Winterblade Focus. It’s developed around magnetic opening and closing. They’re really nice, but hard to get. You have to preorder the knife (and they limit the amount of preorders) then wait 6-8 months for your knife. He (Bryan Winters) makes extras that he sells on the internet. Last time he sold on the internet his knives sold out in 3 seconds. I sent him an email asking about his knives and he replied in about 15 minutes. Actually got to talk back and forth with him. Very nice guy,
IMG_0579.jpeg
Just got my first EDC knife and I really like it!

Latest posts

Top Bottom