Sen. Blake Stephens has officially filed Senate Bill 7 - year-round Daylight Saving Time (DST).

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
i don't understand year round.

it only makes sense imo to apply daylight savings *in the winter* when the sun is already up less due to the tilt of the Earth.

like, if you took one hour off the current summer sunset, and added one hour to the current winter sunset, it would be dusk like 7-8 pm every single night of the year.

having it year round....makes as little sense as having it completely backwards, which we do now.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i don't understand year round.

it only makes sense imo to apply daylight savings *in the winter* when the sun is already up less due to the tilt of the Earth.

like, if you took one hour off the current summer sunset, and added one hour to the current winter sunset, it would be dusk like 7-8 pm every single night of the year.

having it year round....makes as little sense as having it completely backwards, which we do now.

It is probably all about the powers-that-be that want that extra hour in the evening for playing golf.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
and guam might tip over
What is sad is that full grown man said that with an expectant look on his face waiting on an answer, what is astronomically worse is the fools in that state voted his ignorant butt back into office............

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bless his heart

“I could go on and on about why it is beneficial to remain in DST,” Stephens said. “Just one example is Oklahoma having one of the highest rates of childhood obesity, which could be combatted with having an extra hour of daylight in the evening for exercise and outdoor activities. This is a common-sense bill that would help us in our efforts to become a healthier state."
It ain't gonna fix bad habits, but I fully support the bill.

Some of us who do activities after work in winter would appreciate an extra hour of daylight.

And yes, I understand we get the same amount of daylight either way - but I can't really change my work hours like we change our clocks.

Latest posts

Top Bottom