Serious question about firearm training.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pulp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm a member of the school board at my town. My sup't told me Oklahoma has a law that will allow administrators to carry concealed on school property if the school board adopts that policy. The rest of the board will go along with adopting the policy. Before adopting the policy though I would like the administrators to attend some type of training class that would pertain to a school environment.

Does USSA or any other training facility offer such training?

BTW, all of our administrators are familiar with handguns, two of them often practice with our Chief of Police.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've never seen an exemption to the school carry prohibition for administrators, trained or not, in Oklahoma statute. Do you have a reference?

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Legalities aside, which as someone else said I know of no exception to K12 carry, and I work for a school district.

TDSA can not only tailor a program for you they can bring it to you if you have a range that hey can use.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
TDSA is a good option, Marshall and his crew are awesome.

Also a big +1 for USSA. If Mike Seeklander is still there, I have zero doubt that he could develop the curriculum required and provide the training.

We are very fortunate to have these assets right here in Oklahoma. Probably the best in the country if truth were to be known. But by all means find out for certain about the laws, and I'm not talking from somebody whose "supposed to or should know". I call the OSBI among others. AG's office maybe?

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's being done in schools down in Texas. Colleges have the ability to do the exemption in OK, I just don't know for sure about K-12.

Like has been stated, I'm sure USSA or TDSA could come up with something for you if the law allows it. If they can't, PM me and I'll come up with something.

Pulp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Right now I'm just going by what our sup't told me. I'll be contacting OSSBA Monday for a sample policy if it is indeed true.

What is TDSA? I'm gonna hazard a guess and say Tulsa Defensive Shooting Academy. Then I'm gonna google it and see if I'm right or wrong.

Well I didn't miss it too much! Looks like a pretty neat place.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hope this policy is for real Pulp, searching for myself as well, let us know.

I could be mistaken, but an organizational policy cannot trump law. Unless there is an exemption written into state law, OSSBA policy will not apply.

Maybe there's a chance to get one written into the law though...??

At least there are plenty of training venues here for it, if it comes to pass.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Man if theres an exception for administrators to carry at school, it would be in our best interest to run for and dominate every school board.

Latest posts

Top Bottom