Sheriff sale remodel (pic heavy)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Progress slowed some in the last week. Did get the attic door installed, and some temp lights wired in the attic to work with. Also got 3 rooms worth of carpet/pad pulled out and hauled off. Plan to start pulling old wire out tomorrow morning...

20220325_183204.jpg
20220325_183212.jpg

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OMG - that wiring just screams “FIRE” when looking at it.

Those walls look like good candidates for spray foam insulation. What are your plans for those?
Yeah, I'll have to get pics later of the wiring I cleared out of the attic today...53 splices and 2 wire nuts! And we bought some R13 batts yesterday for the exterior walls; I did kinda price spray foam for the shop, holy crap thats going to costs some $$$!

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, I'll have to get pics later of the wiring I cleared out of the attic today...53 splices and 2 wire nuts! And we bought some R13 batts yesterday for the exterior walls; I did kinda price spray foam for the shop, holy crap thats going to costs some $$$!
I had my upstairs finish-out done with spray foam in 2013 so I can't recall the price. I do, however, like its performance for balancing the OK temperature swings in an upstairs space. The way it can fill in the spaces in the sheathing shown in your photos would certainly address air infiltration issues.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
My sister in-law just bought a new house that is insulated with spray foam. The best I can tell this was sprayed on all the inside surfaces including the decking. It has no inlulation in the attaic, on the sheet rock, and this house seems to be incredabley well insulated, and noticeably quieter as well. She said it is very energy efficient as well. If I were building a new house I would check this out further!

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No pics today, but did get some receptacle boxes mounted in 2 rooms and wire pulled between them. Also pulled out probably another 10-12' of old roof (1x's and wood shake shingles) out of the attic; definitely not a clean job today!

Latest posts

Top Bottom