Shipping a long gun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

killerpigeon

Native off the Reservation
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had to send my S&W revolver back in February. FedEx said they only ship firearms to the manufacturer, not to an FFL, or private sale.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some of the UPS franchise stores won't even ship gun parts, such as scopes. One in SW OKC is that way.

Getting Your Firearm Shipment to UPS
Firearms (including handguns) may be shipped only through a UPS Scheduled Pickup Account (specifically, Daily Pickup, Daily On-Route Pickup, UPS Smart Pickup®, and Day-Specific Pickup), or through a UPS Customer Center (counters at UPS operational facilities). Note:Firearms (including handguns) are not accepted for shipment via UPS Drop Boxes or UPS On-Call Pickup®, and may not be tendered to or dropped off at locations of The UPS Store®, any third party retailer, or any UPS Access Point™ location.

When you are shipping a package that contains a handgun, you must verbally notify the UPS driver or UPS Customer Center clerk.

https://www.ups.com/us/en/help-center/packaging-and-supplies/special-care-shipments/firearms.page

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Getting Your Firearm Shipment to UPS
Firearms (including handguns) may be shipped only through a UPS Scheduled Pickup Account (specifically, Daily Pickup, Daily On-Route Pickup, UPS Smart Pickup®, and Day-Specific Pickup), or through a UPS Customer Center (counters at UPS operational facilities). Note:Firearms (including handguns) are not accepted for shipment via UPS Drop Boxes or UPS On-Call Pickup®, and may not be tendered to or dropped off at locations of The UPS Store®, any third party retailer, or any UPS Access Point™ location.

When you are shipping a package that contains a handgun, you must verbally notify the UPS driver or UPS Customer Center clerk.

https://www.ups.com/us/en/help-center/packaging-and-supplies/special-care-shipments/firearms.page

That is why you need to use a UPS center, instead of one of the franchise stores. Apparently, the franchise owner has some discretionary freedom in their operations. While I like the ability of the owner to operate their business as they wish, I have no problem taking my business to a shipper more in line with my beliefs.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Post office will do it. I’ve sent a few. Just check the website. There’s a few little things that are required but it was easier that I thought.

Latest posts

Top Bottom