Shirts for iwb carry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prdator

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Any shirt that will cover it and is not to tight will be just fine. I use Under Armour and they work just fine.

You want to try a few and see what they do then you can judge what you need.

Oh one tip I wear a black undershirt ( Under Armour) an that keeps the gun form rubing bare skin.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I usually just wear a size larger than I could, but for me it is basically my normal wear.

I'm 5'9", 210lbs, 43.25" belly, 34" belt line, and most larges do just fine. When I wear polo's (church, less T-shirt friendly environments, etc...), I just check and make sure they don't do the sucking in thing on the sides. If I lay it out flat and the sides suck in a little, it tends to not work very well for me.

bratch

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Polos, long sleeved button ups, short sleeved button ups, Tshirts; just about anything if it fits right.

I wouldn't worry about buying anything special. I've been wearing alot of Columbia short sleeved shirts latley.

Dakota10986

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
It really doesn't matter too much. I don't really wear anything 'special' just for IWB carry. I still wear hollister and other brands that I normally wear...I just buy the shirts one size larger than normal. I'm 5'9" 195lbs w/ 32" waist and have no problem hiding a G30 in an MTAC holster. I think it does matter what kind of gun and holster you are carrying though. Some setups might require a little bit different dress in order to accomidate concealing properly. Also...after washing a shirt it tends to be just a little tighter so while putting it over my head i use my arms to stretch it out to the sides just a little...that really helps so that it's not too form fitting yet still look just as good. You do need relatively loose clothing but you don't have to start running around in Fubu or anything like that lol...just a slightly larger size of what you already wear.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It really doesn't matter too much. I don't really wear anything 'special' just for IWB carry. I still wear hollister and other brands that I normally wear...I just buy the shirts one size larger than normal. I'm 5'9" 195lbs w/ 32" waist and have no problem hiding a G30 in an MTAC holster. I think it does matter what kind of gun and holster you are carrying though. Some setups might require a little bit different dress in order to accomidate concealing properly. Also...after washing a shirt it tends to be just a little tighter so while putting it over my head i use my arms to stretch it out to the sides just a little...that really helps so that it's not too form fitting yet still look just as good. You do need relatively loose clothing but you don't have to start running around in Fubu or anything like that lol...just a slightly larger size of what you already wear.

You could carry a Kel-tec Sub2K on each side as BUGs in Fubu.

MLR

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I wear a wife beater undershirt to prevent the holster from contacting my skin. I wear a polo shirt over it. Its very comfortable that way.

Michael

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm 5'10" x 265, concealing is not an easy task. I have big shoulders and arms,my neck is 17", but I'm kind of short barreled in the torso area. I buy loose clothes that fit up top and are long enough to hang down far enough to cover my 'bulge'. I prefer IWB.
In summer I wear 2X or 3X T's; 2X,3X Dickies or Jessie James work shirts with straight hems and wife beaters under the shirts;Dickies work shorts or long shorts. In the winter I wear the same work shirts with thermal shirts under them,Dickies work pants and jeans that are kind of loose, and always hoodys.

Latest posts

Top Bottom