Shooting Chronograph Suggestions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blitzfike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Simpler to operate, and easy to set up. I think my Chrony is more sensitive (easier to trigger) than the Pact.
I also have to use a battery pack with the infrared skyscreens on the pact. A little more of a hassle to set up. Blitz

gaseous maximus

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The crono I use is a Alpha chrony, and I got mine as a rebuilt unit direct from the manf. for I believe, $65.00 a couple years ago. I just now googled them (shooting chrony alpha Reconditioned) they advertise them at 63.79 upon availability. When I got mine, the first time I called them was in the winter, they didn't have any at the time, but the lady I talked with, said they were usually avail. in the late spring. Waited until about may, called again, still didn't have one, but lady, this time said, that they could fix me one up, but it would be about 2 weeks. Within a week it was delivered. Works great. If you should want to go this route, you might give them a call. IMO anyone who handloads should have one.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I prefer the Competition Electronics Pro Chrono Digital. MSRP is $120. It's the easiest to use and doesn't require a lot of setup time. Usually I'll just pull it out, turn it on and set it on a 55gal barrel or table at the range. I don't even bother setting up the diffusers unless the light is funky.

ASP785

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I purchased the ProChrono digital chornograph. It had 80+ reviews with a 4.5 star rating at Midway. It has a lot of nice features and the ability to add on various items should the need arise. I bought it so I could hook it up directly to a laptop.

Latest posts

Top Bottom