Shooting on "the river" in Norman?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kwinok

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I tried to search for this and did not find anything. I was at Atwoods on Hwy 9 in Norman the other day and I could hear shooting coming from the river area just south of there. I was wondering if there is somewhere the public can shoot there? How do you get there? Most importantly is it Legal? I would hate to loose a gun for not knowing for sure. I would like to find someplace closer than Lexington when I want to just function test or shoot a few rounds with a rifle or pistol. Any information would really help.
Thanks,
Kw

Cinaet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You were hearing folks shooting at the Tri City Gun Club which is just across the river from Atwoods. See map below. Last I checked there was at least a year long waiting list to get a membership for Tri City. As for river shooting we used to go down to the Canadian River and shoot in the late 70s/early 80s but I wouldn't do it these days.

http://www.tricitygunclub.org/index.php?option=com_phocamaps&view=map&id=1&Itemid=16

Your closest 'legal' outdoor range is Lexington Wildlife Managment Area. Best I remember they have a couple of benches and a trash can. That's about it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom