Shotgun gunsmith?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have "gunsmith special" coming from Allan's Armory. Spanish double, complete, but neither side will fire. Problem may be with the hammer springs.

While I plan to take it to Steve Baldwin at Mechanical Accuracy, I am wondering if there is anyone else in the OKC area who is good on older doubles.

Pretty nice looking gun, case colors, good blue, and wood that will clean up for $125! I'll post pics eventually.

je4bowhuntin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Heads up guys. I took a Remington 700 to Keith for a bedded action after Steve recommend him for a shotgun shortening and recoil pad. The shotgun turned out ok but my Remington 700 is in bad shape he drilled the pillars crooked/out of center and action now sits crooked in gun. I will let Steve know as I am sure he cares on his recommendations. I had to order a new stock. My gun also set on the floor leaned up in corner behind counter for a week. This I know because I went out there several times that week trying to get a stuck breech plug out of a muzzle loader Keith sold me while I was there I finally took it out of his shop and had Steve drill the bp out. Keith is a nice guy but my stock is close to ruined due to his in attention to detail. This is an old remmy700 so exact stock replacement is super hard to find. Ordered a Laminate stock for it.

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Heads up guys. I took a Remington 700 to Keith for a bedded action after Steve recommend him for a shotgun shortening and recoil pad. The shotgun turned out ok but my Remington 700 is in bad shape he drilled the pillars crooked/out of center and action now sits crooked in gun. I will let Steve know as I am sure he cares on his recommendations. I had to order a new stock. My gun also set on the floor leaned up in corner behind counter for a week. This I know because I went out there several times that week trying to get a stuck breech plug out of a muzzle loader Keith sold me while I was there I finally took it out of his shop and had Steve drill the bp out. Keith is a nice guy but my stock is close to ruined due to his in attention to detail. This is an old remmy700 so exact stock replacement is super hard to find. Ordered a Laminate stock for it.

Steve would not have recommended Keith for action or bedding work on your 700. He refers to Steve all the crap that he doesnt want to deal with. Thats usually stuff no one else wants to do.