should I be so agitated?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cal7.62x39

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So today my family went out shopping we went to dicks first because we had not been there yet (mehh). then we shot up to academy my family quickly got seperated my wife todler and I went to the restroom, my brother in law was looking for a new jump rope. When I got out of the restroom i made a b-line to outdoors section and made my way to the firearms section. It was buisy so I just looked from afar to see if they had the mossberg plinkster but no. I went to the paintball/airsoft/airgun isle and that's where the trouble started. There was the new umarex bb pistol that was featured in guns magazine just sitting on the counter ALREADY out of the box (decently priced for only 99$). I picked it up and was getting a feel for it. the heft, craftmanship, etc. When an academy store rep in uniform walked by the isle stoped and asked in a firm tone if I needed assistance I said no, and turned my attention back to the pistol when I noticed he was still standing there just learing at me I got the idea quickly and set the pistol in the box and closed it instead of just on the shelf where I found it and continued on down the isle. The store rep did not say anything or move untill the most obvious plain clothes loss prevention agent came down the same isle. The original store rep left, and I made eye contact with the UC (under cover) who immediately stoped then looked away at the isle. I knew what he was right away and just left the isle to catch up with the family who were about to check out. As I was walking to find them I casually looked back and again made eye contact with him, he was in tow but in the clothing section instead of in the main isle. Once again stoped in his tracks and looked away to pink camo clothes on the rack next to him. When I caught up to my family in checkout he was gaining on me quickly (thinking I was going out the doors) when I stop he was 5ish feet back and tried to stop again but knew he was busted. When he stoped he bumped into the impulse purchase rack next to check out knocking things off. Again eye contact was made as he picked up everything that spilled and was very flustered. He went outside as we finished checking out. Once my family got outside he was walking along the side of the building as if he were coming back from his car this time he stoped at the entrance way and just glared at us as we loaded up in my car and left. He then proceeded to walk back into the store.

Now that I type it out and share it its not upsetting, but kindof comical to me. Ohh and Just to blow his cover he was around 6-2 165ish pounds short red hair, fair skined. And was wearing very baggy black pants, and a black fat Albert jacket. Kind of looked like eminem peanut... part of what gave him away was how rediculous he looked.

Blinocac200sx

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Should you be agitated? Naw. They didn't really violate you in anyway. My wife works retail, so she sees the other side, where people try to make off with goods if they aren't watched. As long as they don't accost you, I'd say live and let live.

MLRyan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had stuff like that happen to me too(being followed in stores by employees trying to look like they aren't following). I always confront them and say something along the lines of "If you think I'm stealing, say something or stop following me" It's BS, I understand to a point, but I'd rather them say something and nip it in the bud then harass me. Yes, you should be upset because it is a form of harassment.

Latest posts

Top Bottom