Should i trade in?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

awddsm

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I'm a fairly new to firearms, I've had my Glock G22 for a little over 3 years, but I'm just now getting out to the range on a regular basis. I just took my concealed carry class so a good concealed firearm is on my mind.

I'm 6' ~195 on a good day and I wear fairly form fitting clothes, so concealment could be an issue. I tried some and the small of my back seams to be the best for me.

I like my g22 but I can't hide it well and the cost of ammo is killing me. So I'm thinking trading it for something smaller, like the subcompact 9mm.

=tldr=

I'm purchasing a Taurus 605 and I'm trying to decide if I should swap my g22 for a g26.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

Mechanicalmehem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would absolutely suggest that you go shoot a 26 before you buy, that way you can make sure it fits your hand and that you are able to shoot it well. The smaller the gun the harder it will be for you to handle(sounds like you would have a larger hand)... IMO
--Mech

Lithiumokc

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Stick with the 40 and start reloading and drop down to a G23. Im 5.11 and 205 on a good day. With the right holster you should have no problem with the correct shirt. You WILL need to adjust your clothing for CC unless your going with a pocket pistol. I have found anything that buttons up will hide my G23 with a OWB 3 slot. If i need to go deeper, I use a Looper Best tuckin or a sticky holster.

awddsm

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good info, thanks guys. The other thing I forgot to mention is the 40 is a little unweildy for me. Where I've been able to pull decent grouings with a River 9mm & River 9mm sub compact vs the g22 which comes down to trigger time on my part.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have you thought about another gun besides glock? The reason I ask is,lately for a CC weapon I really like my wife's S&W airweight 38. Fits right in my pants pocket, coat pocket, and no special holster. Plus, the hammer is internal/built in and doesn't get caught on anything.
My Colts amd Sigs are a little hard but not impossible to conceal.

Cohiba

Lithiumokc

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have you thought about another gun besides glock? The reason I ask is,lately for a CC weapon I really like my wife's S&W airweight 38. Fits right in my pants pocket, coat pocket, and no special holster. Plus, the hammer is internal/built in and doesn't get caught on anything.
My Colts amd Sigs are a little hard but not impossible to conceal.

Cohiba

This is another great option. I carry an Airweight 38 when i get the yearning for a change.

awddsm

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Turn the autocorrect off!

Good catch, didn't realize that my phone did that. Post edited.

I decided on the Taurus 605 (.357) for my conceal revolver and day to day carry. The Glock was more for a concealed pistol and I've looked at some of the pocket pistols, maybe one day, but they are really small in my hand.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't have large hands and the LCP is a real pain -- so are the baby Glocks -- even for me. I do own and carry the LCP but I really have to make myself practice with it because it is a lot of things but fun for me to shoot is NOT one of them.

Much prefer the LC9 or my Colt Gold Cup or that slimframe Glock in .45 cal (I forget the number ... 22 maybe).

Be careful with SOB carry. If someone grabs you from behind you will NOT be able to draw that gun unless you can get them to turn loose of you (voice of experience speaks here).

Mechanicalmehem is right ... try before you buy ... you'll save yourself a LOT of misery. AND if you are gonna practice regularly (like you should anyway) reloading is the way to go.

awddsm

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is there a store in OKC where I can go try some of the models or am I actually going to have to be sociable & make range buddies on here who might let me put a round or two through their's. :P

I'll take the SOB carry into consideration, possibly pickup something for an ankle holster for a second (maybe .380).

I guess you just set my agenda for the evening looking up reloading.

Latest posts

Top Bottom