Should judges be prohibited from overriding the will of the people?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should judges be prohibited from overriding the will of the people?

• Yes, by Constitutional amendment, if measure has 75% YEA votes

Votes: 12 12.5%
  • Yes, by statute, if measure has 75% YEA votes

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Yes, by Constitutional amendment, if measure has 60% YEA votes

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Yes, by statute, if measure has 60% YEA votes

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Yes, by Constitutional amendment, if measure has a simple majority of YEA votes

Votes: 4 4.2%
  • Yes, by statute, if measure has a simple majority YEA votes

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • No.

Votes: 68 70.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
Your statement alone proves my point. The fact is, your statement actually reinforces the data I posted to prove my point.
I am glad that we agree about how the destruction of the family unit is harmful the children, which is my argument.

Have you proven it is harmful to society? I've seen plenty of hetero destruction of the "sanctity" of marriage and damage to the offspring created by that "society". Just look at divorce rates in his country.

You, and others, have consistently failed to present a coherent reason why the government should, under the threat of force, be used to prevent same sex marriages.

Pokinfun

Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, I am glad you have added your opinion. Do you have any idea what an Ad Hominem fallacy is, your statement is a perfect example. The fact that you cannot disprove my argument, but have to attack me, proves that what I am arguing is true. Thanks for the helping hand.

You've proven nothing....except a knack for obfuscation, generalization, and fallacious reasoning.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Usually those who make the argument have the burden of proof, but that's what I get for letting myself get baited in...have fun with it.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do you have any idea what an Ad Hominem fallacy is

Yes. Your above posts have included some prime examples.

The fact that you cannot disprove my argument, but have to attack me, proves that what I am arguing is true.

Burden of proof is on who brings up a particular fact. Not all facts are true. He who has the burden of proof must show the facts is true by introducing supporting evidence. You have failed to both provide supporting evidence for your position as well as provide a supported rebuttal. You have only engaged in ad hominem attacks, which by your logic in the above-quoted statement should completely disprove any of your assertions and prove any opposing assertions as true.

Usually those who make the argument have the burden of proof, but that's what I get for letting myself get baited in...have fun with it.

Yep. Seem to have gotten trolled.

But I love getting trolled. It lets me learn a lot about a person. And as an autodidact, I love learning, which seems to be something they don't teach in schools nowadays.

Gideon

Formerly SirROFL
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This whole thread is hilarious.

If you believe in "the will of the people" then you're fine with inflicting certain people's demands on everyone.
If you think judges can counter that will then you're fine with the government inflicting certain people's demands on everyone.

No matter who wins, everyone loses.

Pokinfun

Special Hen
Reaction score
Come on man, I post sources to prove my argument; no one has posted a provable counter argument. You actually agreed that a stable marriage is critical to raising productive children, which is my only argument. You just wanted to jump in and insult me, for some reason, I’ll teach you why later. When it did not work you got upset and jumped again. You cannot come back after the fact and say you will not be” baited in”, when the only reason you made your first post was because you got baited in.
If you believe gay people should be able to get married, because it is your value, that’s awesome. Part of being an American is the fact that all citizens have the right to have an opinion and voice it. Just because you cannot prove you opinion is right does not make your opinion wrong. It just makes it a weak argument, which normally results in the use of logical fallacies, which is what you did. Men have opinions; I respect you for standing up and voicing yours.

Pokinfun

Special Hen
Reaction score
Veggie, you have the burden to prove your point first, or at least prove it in your rebuttal, you have not done either.
By the way I did post proof, from credible sources, you did not post an opposing viewpoint, which is your responsibility.

I do find it funny, that I made normal the famous OSA insult by calling you a liberal. I guess you made the famous internet forum insult by calling me a troll (<--- logical fallacy), when you lost.
Oh yeah, the dig on my education was also a fallacy.

I am done, this thread has boiled down to tossing insults.

Yes. Your above posts have included some prime examples.

Burden of proof is on who brings up a particular fact. Not all facts are true. He who has the burden of proof must show the facts is true by introducing supporting evidence. You have failed to both provide supporting evidence for your position as well as provide a supported rebuttal. You have only engaged in ad hominem attacks, which by your logic in the above-quoted statement should completely disprove any of your assertions and prove any opposing assertions as true.

Yep. Seem to have gotten trolled.

But I love getting trolled. It lets me learn a lot about a person. And as an autodidact, I love learning, which seems to be something they don't teach in schools nowadays.

Latest posts

Top Bottom