Should men wear Crocs?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should men wear Crocs?

• YES, and I'm actually a pretty fashion-conscious person.

Votes: 25 8.4%
  • YES, but I don't care about my fashion.

Votes: 68 23.0%
  • Nope, they're for girls only.

Votes: 203 68.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ray76

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I wear them all the time because they are comfortable and because I dont like flip flops or sandals. I don't really care what people think of it. I just wear what is comfortable and not what looks good.

kd5rjz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not going to insult anyone that does wear these, as I'm pretty much indifferent as to what you guys put on your feet....

but as to myself, no. I wouldn't wear plastic flip-flop type shoes for all the IOU's in China.

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wish I could take credit for this article about Crocs but it goes to my favorite blogger Best Website in the Universe

When I see people wearing Crocs, I know immediately that we have nothing in common, and that we could never be friends or have any meaningful kind of relationship. They come in every color imaginable yet look bad with every other article of clothing ever created. The only thing that goes with Crocs is social ostracism.

To their credit though, Crocs serve as an excellent idiot barometer; you can tell a lot about people wearing them. For example, Amazon.com suggest products that other customers have purchased based on the item you're shopping for. Here are the suggestions for Crocs:

ai373.photobucket.com_albums_oo177_BurkC_amazon_crocs6.jpg

When it comes to shoes, there are usually three deciding factors: quality, price, and style. Some shoes are cheap and stylish, but poor quality, while others are stylish and durable, but expensive. Crocs usually go for $30-$60, which doesn't sound like much for a shoe, until you consider that what you're really paying for are melted pellets squirted into a cast-iron mold in some province in China. Crocs have the rare combination of being expensive, poor quality, and ugly. It's quite a feat for one shoe to suck this bad.

People who wear Crocs go on and on about how comfortable they are, and how it's supposedly odor resistant because it's made out of some kind of anti-bacterial foam. Great point, dipsh*t! You know what else it's resistant to? You getting laid. Then as if the shoes weren't disgusting enough, Crocs introduced a product called "Crocs butter" that's supposed to restore that illustrious injection-molded sheen to those gaping holes they call shoes:

You know that feeling you get when you're full and slightly nauseous and you burp and you can taste the partly digested food in the back of your throat? There isn't a word in the english language to succinctly describe it, but I will hereby refer to it as: croc-butter.

stonec7998

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have a couple pair that I used to wear at the lake or taking the trash out, then I shattered by leg and ankle, now those things hurt my bad foot so bad and make it swell up that they are of no use to me, just my opinion and experience though!

DDriller

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife bought me 2 pairs. Told me to wear them or else. I just:smash: asked her or else what? Now I see the light as the swelling in my left eye is going down. Hopefully my right eye will be okay tomorrow. :smash:

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think they would make good house shoes. I'd probably wear a pair if I was going to take a flight. Easy on/off, no big deal at the metal detector.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom