Show me the rifle!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

excat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Only thing specific I've seen is on "big" game, and I think it is probably you have to abide by the in season "big" game restrictions if you are hunting during that season.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That makes sense ..Thanks

This is all I could find... Legal Means of Taking
Rifles: Centerfire rifles firing at least a 55-grain weight soft-nosed or hollow-point bullet and having an overall cartridge case length of 1.25 inches or longer (9 mm rifles are not legal). Clips or magazines of all .22 caliber centerfire firearms may not be capable of holding more than seven rounds of ammunition.

Last edited:

cueball.tech

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Try this one for all three..Savage .17 hmr with a 3/9/50 scope. Inexpensive rifle... Inexpensive scope... Lots of fun and plenty kill power uploadfromtaptalk1391822885514.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

excat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Try this one for all three..Savage .17 hmr with a 3/9/50 scope. Inexpensive rifle... Inexpensive scope... Lots of fun and plenty kill power View attachment 35939

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

I don't think I would want a long barrel small caliber rifle while beating the brush looking for hogs...especially after seeing the pictures where the guy got messed up by a hog this past week. Sure, if you have all the time in the world to hit them just perfect, I bet it would drop a hog. If you have 1 or 2 shots that you have to rely on to make them count, I'll pass. I wouldn't want anything smaller than a .223/5.56

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Some interesting recomendations here. Still don't see anything that beats a 223 AR carbine platform - bolt gun would be my second choice in a small caliber rifle, but you run into barrel lengths being a real PITA - back to a carbine platform.

If you don't like the AR, a mini-14 would be a good choice.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I do love me some lever gun - and 30/30? yes SIR!

Personally, I think .30 cal is just to big for rabbits, thats the only reason I would disqualify a 30 caliber round. Too much damage to the animal, makes cleaning and prep a real chore - same reason I don't like pokin' em with a shotty.

Latest posts

Top Bottom