Sig 229

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scalawag pimp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sig makes a great gun and the 229 is a good model. Out of the box the accuracy is awesome. I bought mine in .40 cal and then got a .357 sig barrel. I "plink" with the .40 and put the .357 in for stopping power. I think the double stack makes it a little big for carry so I would consider the 239 if you want it for carry. Other than that the 229 is what sits in the safe next to my bed.

I have never been a glock fan because I just don’t like poly guns so I can’t give you a good comparison. However, I promise that once you get a sig, the collection will continue to grow. Just like you enjoy the 938, the 229 will spawn a 220 then a 226 then 225...etc..

DavidWOwens

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sig makes a great gun and the 229 is a good model. Out of the box the accuracy is awesome. I bought mine in .40 cal and then got a .357 sig barrel. I "plink" with the .40 and put the .357 in for stopping power. I think the double stack makes it a little big for carry so I would consider the 239 if you want it for carry. Other than that the 229 is what sits in the safe next to my bed.

I have never been a glock fan because I just don’t like poly guns so I can’t give you a good comparison. However, I promise that once you get a sig, the collection will continue to grow. Just like you enjoy the 938, the 229 will spawn a 220 then a 226 then 225...etc..

That's what I imagined would happen

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've owned the Sig 210, 220, 226 and X6 PPC. My daily carry is the Sig 226 (E2) version. I like the E2 version because it has a more ergonomic grip than a regular 226. It also has a thin trigger (which makes it easier to get your finger where you want it on the trigger). I really like the short reset trigger...enables you to get off quick follow-up shots. Also the SA/DA version gives you a little added safety. Not much difference between the 229 and the 226 except about a half inch in length. If you want to carry a Sig, I would suggest a Crossbread Supertuck holster and a good CCW belt. As far as accuracy, Sigs are great. As always, it really comes down to the person shooting, and what they shoot best. If you haven't shot one...buy one and see how you like it. You'll never know unless you try.

Glocks are great guns. I've owned the 19, 23 and 21 SF (and sold them all). I'm just not crazy about the grip angle, the trigger, or the plastic. I like heavy guns.

Peabody

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a 229 with the ergo grip. I love it. I carry it in rotation with my Wilson combat 1911, HK45, and HKP30. I also have the Navy MK25 sig 226. I love it as well. A couple of my friends handled and shot my 229 and went and bought one because they were so impressed with it. You won't be disappointed.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom